Friend of mine...

C

cjjeans

This is a detailed log of my friends trip to mexico... thought it was interesting and wanted to share...

[blockquote]There are some of you that might be asking why am I back ... somewhere ... anywhere ... you will never know, but i could be ... in an alley somewhere close, or camping out ... in your backyard. i am everywhere and i am nowhere. i am a figment of your facebook lifestyle and i do not exist, although you may think that ... i do. but i do not. so keep reading.

I won't tell you where I am, but I'm safe. So many crazy things happened, and I can only tell you a little.

FACTS
-----

1. I went without a plan
2. I speak fluent Spanish
3. I've been to s. America & Mexico before
4. Lonely Planet has lied
5. I was going to ... move to mx ... forever
6. I had no plans on going ... anywhere after. I was going to stay
7. Puerto Escondido has gotten wayyyy more expensive

PRE-TRIP
--------

1. I spent maybe 1500 dollars in a few days
2. I had almost no notice and WASTED decided to take Amtrak (4 days)
3. I got advice from a bartender on ... walking over the border
4. I booked a ticket via Amtrak to San Diego 15 hours before my trip
5. I walked into a tree and broke my nose
6. I was wasted. for a very long time. a few months? years, i dont ... remember
7. my ex girlfriend had an intervention and is on her way to ... some weird christian rehab

TRIP TO MEXICO
--------------

0. amtrak has no wifi, someone lied to me
1. I got wasted.
2. I woke up and went to penn station at 9am
3. I waited for my train and bought two bottles of jameson
4. i got drunk.
5. i got on the train and was almost kicked out for my potty mouth
6. i spent a shitload of cash on the amtrak to dc. i obviously discovered that they have a bar car on the amtrak. every single one.
7. i dont yet realize how broke i'm getting.
8. i arrive in dc to a layover. i get on another amtrak to chicago
9. i am so drunk i am semi blacked out. i am spending tons of $. i keep drinking jameson out of a nalgen water bottle and going to the bar car
10. amy gets on the train, she is going to portland to see her boyfriend
11. we rename jameson gatorade as a code word so the train people dont freak.
12. cigs on the train
13. we get wasted
14. we get way more wasted
15. amy is really fun, she is drunk and passes out
16. i keep getting drunk and almost kill the jameson, and then meet some kids and play blackjack
17. my boot breaks
18. we arrive in chicago and both have 4-6 hour layovers
19. shoe repair place in the train station, what are the chances?
20. i walk around bare foot and amy finds a bartender and the bartender at 10am brings us to her bar
21. we get wasted.
22. amy leaves (sad) for portland
23. i am so drunk now i dont even remember getting into chicago train
24. oh i forgot, i say to a couple drunk "holy shit your kids are so fucking small"
25. they were really mad
26. i spend 47 hours on a train to L.A. with crackheads, a lady who is 45 and was sold into sex slavery when she was 14 (she tells me this over a guitar lesson and blackjack.
27. they stop in new mexico and we get more liquor, by this time im so drunk i cant even stand up
28. so we keep playing blackjack
29. i keep drinking they all pass out
30. i get to L.A. and clean out the bottles of jack daniels on the 3 hour trip to san diego. the bartender wants to cut me off but i make a threatening remark and he backs down. silly bitch
31. once again, i am wasted
32. i take a bus right over the border, no immigration nothing
33. i arrive in tijuana and decide that i have had enough of not showering and not sleeping well. i have slept perhaps 10 hours in 4 days

MEXICO INTO PUERTO ESCONDIDO
-----------------------------

1. i get to tijuana and go to the bar at around 10am
2. i exchange tons of money, little do i know how much i have left, which is ... very little
3. i meet an older man and a kid around my age both from mexico city
4. we get sloshed and smoke cigs and watch the mexico/costa rica game. mexico wins, of course and the bar goes CRAZY
5. i score drugs
6. we keep drinking
7. i lose 100 pesos (7 bucks?) in blackjack and learn a lot about gambling from a kind mexican man who pays our check when we go to the terminal - the check was more than i lost, SWEET.
8. a man tries to sell me his daughter, i politely declined
9. we get to the terminal and meet two kids our age
10. we sit at the bar for 2 hours and one of the kids cant keep up with me, and he just started
11. he is so drunk he cannot speak spanish english or anything other than blah blah blah
12. he is not allowed to board the plane, we get on and ... I ORDER MORE DRINKS! only 20 pesos each, i LOVE aero mexico
13. grilled by customs and forced to fill out an immigration paper
14. i arrive in mexico city at 8am
15. i take a non official cab to the bus station
16. a man tries to tell me the ride is 50 american dollars when he already said 10 bucks
17. i tell him to fuck off in spanish and that ill kill him if he keeps fucking with me
18. he grabs me arm
19. i break his jaw and fracture my knuckle, bolting out of the cab
20. i get to the bus station and then i wait for 13 hours
21. i drink shit loads of modelos
22. i check out my atm checking balance and i freak out
23. i book a ticket home otherwise i will run out of money
24. i eat some food and immediately have explosive diarrhea
25. it costs 3 pesos to take a dump, i dont know that you get toilet paper before you get in
26. i have diarrhea everywhere, and there arent even seat covers
27. i hate my life and i lament my misfortune, poooooor me hah
28. i take mad drugs and klonopin
30. 13 hours of no sleep, i get on the bus and pass out

PUERTO ESCONDIDO
-----------------

1. i arrive in puerto escondido exactly 12 hours later. the cab driver brings me to my hotel and i score drugs and chase them with beer as we drive by the police station
2. the hotel is lame and no one wants to party but everyone is on vacation. losers. i find 0 americans
3. i play pool on the roof and a lady gives me a handle of bacardi limon
4. one game later, one bottle later i am wasted, again
5. i do more drugs and then get bored
6. it is now 12 in the afternoon so i go to the beach
7. i walk around and go bar to bar, i eat raw fish and i am sick, again
8. i go to a bar and throw knives at a watermellon. the owner likes my knife skills and offers me a job. he even writes down what i should wear and when to come in
9. i pass out on the beach and get robbed
10. 2000 pesos later, i wake up
11. i take a cab with some aussies to a local bar
12. a kid keeps harassing my friend he asks if i have a problem i give him a typical edward response - fuck off or ill kill you. he is twice my size and thinks that was the wrong answer
13. he cracks a rib and i break his wrist and knee his face in
14. he is crying while i get dragged out, i kick the security guy from behind as he tries to choke me out. apparently he does not know that when you choke someone, you go for the artery for a 7 second pass out versus a 2 minute windpipe passout. i miss the marines, and run into a cab
15. i get to the hotel and pass out
16. i wake up and buy more beers
17. i discover that i scored some blow before i left. a lot. i have "breakfast". the breakfast of champions and i am ENERGIZEDDDDDD
18. i go to the beach
19. i almost adopt a friendly homeless dog but i was worried about customs and animals...and i was drunk
20. i walk to some rocks and get belted against one, a lifeguard saves me and gives me CPR
21. i come home after smoking hash with an american 73 yr old retiree. i am so fucked up i grab a cab and i am banned from the hotel
22. i pay him 20 pesos to smoke the rest of my blow. now im really fucked up
23. i take a cab to my bus and i get drunk waiting to get on
24. im so fucked up i can barely speak and i pay 100 pesos to get on
25. everyone wants a bribe
26. i wake up in mexico city and take an OFFICIAL taxi to the airport

ALMOST HOME
-------------
1. i am bruised, battered and worried that i forgot to either take or ditch alll of my drugz
2. i get on my plane and get WASTED
3. i fall asleep to "doubt", pretty boring .... or im just drunk.
4. i wake up and they cut me off, asshollllllles
5. i meet a really cool argentinian and he lives where i was headed and says i can have a lift home
6. i meet his whole family and as i breeze through customs (thnks kid!) he gets stopped but i am carrying his bag because i know that i am goooood.
7. he has tons of "shit" in the bag im carrying, i wait by the taxi stand as he gets the wrong bag searched
8. now im reallllllly broke
9. i arrive at my destination temporary

if you were wondering why im "back" well there it is. no questions, no answers, i left a lot out but some things are secret. you will probably never see me again but that's ok because ny i so beat for me and i'm just bored.

thats mexico. 7 days, 3500 dollars. fights, police, bannings, etc. there will be blood.

ill see you all in ...[/blockquote]

Back