Formal request to add a ping limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocYust

Hello. I've been playing the Metro only server for just around 5 years now. I was hoping to ask someone to please add some sort of reasonable ping limit, like 120, so the server doesn't lag nearly as bad, or get movement abused by players like CoffeeAIM and RickWin constantly. I know the movement gets banned on occasion but, there's almost never evidence unless someone can record it or an admin is on. Unfortunately I rarely see admins on that server. That is not to say they don't come on ever, I just usually see them on the same team and not be able to witness the perpetrators from the other side. Ping has been a continuous issue in the server with some players I've seen hover at 220 almost single handedly slowing the server down in it's entirety. I don't know if it will ever happen but I think a hard ping limit would help improve the server drastically by not having random movement glitches and rubber-banding happen every match. I know that most likely nothing will change and I can accept that, I only want to bring someone's attention to it. Thanks for your time.

Keem is correct.

Our ping kicker also does not automatically kick the moment it reaches a certain number. But it will average out your ping and how long ots been that way and kick from there. So it's not a hard kicker.

Stumbling back to this thread. The ping kicker does not in fact kick anyone for any ping at any time. I've had multiple occurrences lately of 250+ ping players dominating the team they're against because of the ping. It gets so bad at night that the entire server lags to catch up to them. I don't know why people with reasonable ping have to put up with that and be punished for it because it's "more inclusive" 90% of those players are just abusing their ping to play better because even if I'm three miles around cover they can still hit me because they're 2 seconds behind. I'm sorry if this comes off as agitated but I'm really fed up with it at this point. The ping limiter is not enabled on the server so far as anyone playing can tell. And if it is, it's not working as intended. The only thing I ever see happen is someone have a VPN for 5 minutes then come back with 200+ ping and play the whole game that way. During the weekend days I can play there is also no limit that I can tell. Maybe the metro server just doesn't have anyone pay attention to it anymore or something but there is zero ping limit we can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back