Finally some new about BF2142 Patch

Soldier4Real

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2142/829986-cmon-wheres-patch-3.html

Bazajaytee (2142 Associate Producer) when asked if there will be no CD/DVD included in the next patch:

That is part of the patch yes.
I can't give you a date on when it will be done but programmers are still working on it here.
Localisation has been completed and we have been in closed beta for a couple of weeks and fixing some issues that came up in those tests.

How about a castration for hackers feature? That would be welcomed.

[quote1256909583=MacN8r]
How about a castration for hackers feature? [/quote1256909583]
You cannot castrate somebody that doesn't have balls.

It's good to see that we are getting closer to a patch; but, the right thing to do is not to fuck with anything to do with Dice; they have left the consumer hangin way to long; I'm a field service engineer and that is just bad businees...Always take care of your customers, if not, don't plan on being in business long.

You have to remember you are also talking about a game that is 3 years old now. Not many companies would stick with their consumers this long especially considering there is no monthly fee to play. Granted I feel as though this has been long overdue as well but at least we aren't completely forgotten. They've also been very good with fixing the leaderboard on a weekly basis.

I hope they fixed EU-transport right side cannon >_<

[quote1257080380=Alden]
I hope they fixed EU-transport right side cannon >_<
[/quote1257080380]

I wouldn't expect it. Baza or someone else earlier said the only issues which are adressed will be:
- account spoofing
- server crashing via rcon exploit

It was also mentioned that this patch will not be a &quot;comprehensive&quot; patch like the BF2 patch - rather, it will be a &quot;security-fix&quot; patch.

In light of that, the removal of DVD-check was certainly a surprise. Who would've thought that EA would actually approve something like this? I mean... think of all those lost sales from people who are going to copy the now 3-year-old game to their PC's and play single player (since they won't have keys for online)! Oh, the losses...

I'm suprised there's even a patch coming at all... I thought 1.50 was going to be the last one.

I wish it was going to be more of a bug fixing patch though... more than ANY other feature, I just want the freaking EU transport right side gun to actually WORK. :(

Yep, pisses me off when I leave the lesft gun to repair and someone spawns in and takes it from me. Usually they don't hit crap, then pod out and die. I would rather it be one guy who stays on it and at least gets me some assists.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix the F3 side gun?
Gunboating with fully trained crew would be badass with F3 gun working

Ya gotta heat that sucker up, then let it cool off. It usuallly works after that, but not always.

Pointing it into the body of the transport or clockwise rotation....but you spend more time fucking around doing this than killing anything; but, when both are working gunships fall like a virgin panties on prom night

[quote1258142779=Arturo_Fuente]
Does anyone know if there is a way to fix the F3 side gun?
Gunboating with fully trained crew would be badass with F3 gun working
[/quote1258142779]
Gunboating with you guys is great. It is like taking candy from babies, the other team just can't deal with it. I've seen pilots rack up huge teamwork points by keeping the transport in the air. Especially when we have GS cover to keep theirs off of us.

Hey guys
Trying to get the programmer back on BF2142 still, he is being tied up on BFBC2 PC version.

As for the changelist you know this is a small update in terms of fixes and is aimed at adding more security fixes onto accounts to stop spoofing.

Other things you will see are:

* No DRM method on the exe as with BF2 (No more SafeDisc, PACE or SecuROM (depending on which version of BF2142 you have) and no more errors from EADM saying you need to log in to EADM to verify ownership even if you are logged in)
* Operation Blue Pearl
* Two brand new maps from community modder Jason Brice (more on this later)
* Northern Strike will be available to EVERYONE

Also yes, BF2142 Deluxe Edition is heading to Steam and Direct2Drive (and all other online retailers you see selling BF2 Complete Collection) once BF2142 1.51 is done.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/11975444-post4.html

Back