[BF4] Fall 2015 patch with new map review ...

Maliksky

So am I right in understanding that it will be harder to shoot aircraft down?

Harder to shoot vehicles down in the following ways: (This is not a 100% complete list, just the Sheep highlights)

~Vehicle lock ons won't work if the enemy is "Below Radar", but infantry lock ons will function as usual. (best change ever. it worked well in Bf3 and I never understood why they took it away in BF4)
~Fixed the "get hit by an RPG and flip upside down in chopper" problem.
~Hits via laser desig. no longer 1 hit now, but saw an increase in range.

Mobile AA vehicle saw an all around nerf against everything which I'm sure we're all happy about.

But they reduced the range of chopper rockets across the board. They'll have to get a bit closer now. Stinger/Igla saw a damage buff and distance to lock buff but travel speed reduction

IMO this is a quality of life improvement for chopper pilots mostly. Below Radar actually makes chopper fights more interesting.

I played with the MAA tonight a bit. It takes 10 seconds shooting infantry with the 20mm in order to kill. Got a pesky tank chasing you? Run... You have no chance at even taking more than 10% off of it with 30mm cannons. It still is alright against air vehicles however the range is GREATLY diminished. Now it is quite possible for the ground attack jet or the attack chopper to sneak up and actually live through killing the MAA instead of it just being luck.

Last edited:
It's not easy to shot choppers down, and one chopper pilot can rule a map.

Malik, I've had great success harassing/shooting down choppers with the coaxial HMG in the tank, and some success taking half health or so off a low flying passing jet. If you don't have it by now, I'd work on some tank gameplay and get that unlocked.
It really depends on the map. If it's like siege or dawnbreaker and there's loads of tall buildings then yes I'd say it would be pretty hard. Big open maps not so much.

I'll have to give that HMG a try. I usually use the Stringer, sometimes the SRAW, and seldom the IGLA. Are you giving lessons? lol

Last edited:
They should have left it alone(glad the did,nt fool with my BLADE). I had a chopper dominate 2 whole maps.....stingers...mean nothing now.Unless you have 3 people, then that just makes him run and heal.....
-5 to dice...bad move fellows!

DOGMEAT

choppers can be viscious, but as long as you adapt to their tactics, you take them out, or be a pimple on their ass so they cant effectively engage targets

Back