EVGA 2080ti Hybrid - one hour special

I actually bought and returned this very item about a month ago. It had a noisy fan, noisy pump, and I'm pretty sure there were air bubbles in the lines too which caused overheating and low clock speeds as a result. Possible I was just unlucky enough to receive a bad unit, but I happen to have an unbelievably long bad luck streak with EVGA products in general. Two GPUs and two PSUs returned in less than 4 years.

That's unfortunate, I hear there have been a lot of defective RTX cards from a number of different manufacturers relating to overheating. But EVGA has always impressed me with how they handle problems, their customer service has always been terrific when I've needed it. That being said, sorry to hear about your run of bad luck with their stuff.

Thanks for your feedback on your experience with this card, it's good to know. Hope that you find something that works for you.

I had one EVGA GPU that went balls up after 2 years, but they gave me a replacement that was better than what I sent them, a newer card if I recall, and it ran like a champ. I think EVGA is the only company that actually does advanced cross shipping on replacements too...that has become a rarity these days.

Now that I think about it, I had to return an EVGA PSU also-but they voluntarily recalled the unit I had and sent me a replacement at no cost in advance. When I got the new PSU, I just used the UPS label they provided in the packaging with the new one. I've been running that PSU for 4 or 5 years now and zero problems.

Why bother with these hybrid cards?

To my understanding, they run considerably cooler than the air cooled cards. So you could get a higher overclock, or a lower temperature in your computer case. Unless you get one like @Howitzer that has a defective fan or pump, that is.

Google it if you want more information, but that's the short answer to your question.

Last edited:

Better cooling efficiency means lower temperatures AND less noise. I had a bad experience with mine, but that doesn't mean they'll all be that way.

EVGA does have outstanding customer service and that's probably the only reason I keep coming back to them.

hybrid versions are better then doing a custom water block in a lot of cases....custom water blocks only fit 1 type of card or could even be specific to only 1 card made by a company, do to placements of power regulators and memory chip locations....hybrids cool the board with a fan but let the GPU be cooled by a dedicated water loop.....1 size fits all water blocks would never cool the board, customs wont always fit....plus most cards that have hybrid options are never really more then a 100 bucks over a air cooled version.....some custom water blocks that only fit 1 card can cost 180 dollars!!!!.....hybrids let you do water cooling on just the GPU a lot cheaper then doing it any other way....

short list...
radiator....50
water block.....50 to 75 for a 1 size fits all OR up to 180 for a custom that fits only your card
tubing....10 to 20
fittings....2 to 5 bucks each
pump....50
reservoir.....cheap leaky one's 30 to 50 bucks.....

OR
spend a extra 100 to get all of it already on the card with a warranty.....

its also the reason we are seeing mounting plates be sold for GPU's that let you put closed pre-made water loops be put on GPUs like this one.....
https://www.newegg.com/nzxt-rl-krg1..._re=gpu_liquid_cooling-_-35-146-062-_-Product

using 1 of these ^^^^ you can put a cheap Corsair CPU water cooler on a ton of GPU's and it also has a fan to cool the power regulators and memory chips when you put mini heat sinks on them.....

even this option will NOT cool as well as a hybrid system made by the GPU maker.....

Back