eBay Find of the Day: Last GMC Typhoon ever made, straight from Barrett-Jackson auction

ErikStenger

I happen to be a big fan of the GMC Typhoon and was probably a little more excited than I should've been when it was announced that the very last one made, a 1993 model that's been stowed away in the GM Heritage Collection all these years, was to be auctioned off at this year's Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction. I waited anxiously the day of the auction for the text to come in from our live coverage team. The news wasn't good. The '93 Typhoon with just 130 miles had gone for $52,800 including auction fees. Youch.

I just happen to have an eBay Motors alert set to inform me whenever a Typhoon goes up for sale on the internet auction site, and lo and behold, the very same Typhoon we saw in Scottsdale showed up there today. The seller, who we presume to be the same person that bought the performance SUV in Arizona, has a starting a bid of just $10,000, but we're fairly certain the reserve is significantly higher. We're not so sure, however, that he or she will be able to recoup what was spent to procure the Typhoon in the first place, at least not in this economy. Suffice it to say that if I were a man of wealthier means, this 1993 GMC Typhoon would not still be on eBay Motors tomorrow.
typhoon1.jpg

typhoon4.JPG

Back