[DAYZ] DayZ Standalone 0.53 Release Notes

Bungied2theTree

v0.53.126384 (4 Feb 2015)[edit]
New Items:

New Mechanics:

• New animation for water pump when drinking (blue pumps only so far)
  • Improved animal AI
    • Animals make death sounds (possibly other idle sounds too)
  • Duct Tape and Rope can now be used to restrain another player
  • Restrained players can be cut free using a bladed weapon
  • Restrained players can free themselves by pressing the movement keys (20 times for handcuffs, 10 for rope and tape)
  • Fireplace Kit now requires either 3 Firewood or 5 Sticks to craft basic Fireplace
  • You can now craft an Oven from a basic Fireplace
  • It is possible to reignite a fireplace without using matches if it is still above 200 degrees Celsius
  • Suicide is no longer possible using the Improvised Knife
  • You can craft Armbands by using a knife to cut apart a Raincoat
  • Canteens and bottles can now hold gasoline
  • It is now possible to fill and empty Cooking Pots with water
  • There are now classes for various liquids: water, river water, vodka, beer, gasoline, and diesel

Leaked Files:

New locations:

Updated locations:

Fixed:

Known Issues:

• "Rollbacks" and desync are to be expected with build 126147 due to some of what is being tested, including sanity checks. [1]
  • Pumpkins have a chance to grow to 0% (fixed?)
  • Drinking from ponds or lakes can result in getting stuck in the drinking animation

Prison Island..... interesting.... Ya wanna visit it, but dont want to die.... Or get soaked in the process. Also like the canteen and waterbottles can hold gas now.

huh, why not. all i want to do is kill myself in dayz most the time.
information on vacs missing and battleye. with out those the game is too much trouble.

looks like next patch. not interested in playing till than.

I guess they don't want you instantly offing yourself for a better spawn.
not likes its that hard to find other ways to kill yourself relativly shortly.

Anyone wanna explore when it starts? or Have I still lost everyone to H1Z1 Still?

I am unsure with my evening plans. I may do both. Currently installing DayZ since I reformatted over the weekend.

If it gets better and SOE listens to people. H1Z1 might become a viable game. I may break down and get it. If thats where everyone starts ending up. Has SOE been puting out patches to adress the problems that popped up like the login and other problems?

gp1TcoW.png

https://twitter.com/TheBattlEye/status/563025993557082115

If it gets better and SOE listens to people. H1Z1 might become a viable game. I may break down and get it. If thats where everyone starts ending up. Has SOE been puting out patches to adress the problems that popped up like the login and other problems?

I'm not too sure about that. I was wondering why with all the money Sony has that H1Z1 came out as early access on Steam. I thought maybe they would do an open beta or something. Then when Sony broke the studio off I saw the writing on the wall.

I really wish they would give you something to do in DayZ. I have pretty much all the gear you can get right now. Unless I get really sloppy or run into a comparably equipped bandit there is no way I'm going to die. So mostly I find myself just walking from town to town looking for a truck because I haven't seen one yet. There is pretty much no reason to craft other than just to try it out. Holding the crafting mats in your bags versus food or ammo just seems like such a waste. Maybe one day they will let you build up encampments, but I wouldn't want to risk it. What would happen to them when you're not in the game? Would they move from server to server? Seems like there isn't really a good way to make something like that work.

I'm not too sure about that. I was wondering why with all the money Sony has that H1Z1 came out as early access on Steam. I thought maybe they would do an open beta or something. Then when Sony broke the studio off I saw the writing on the wall.

I really wish they would give you something to do in DayZ. I have pretty much all the gear you can get right now. Unless I get really sloppy or run into a comparably equipped bandit there is no way I'm going to die. So mostly I find myself just walking from town to town looking for a truck because I haven't seen one yet. There is pretty much no reason to craft other than just to try it out. Holding the crafting mats in your bags versus food or ammo just seems like such a waste. Maybe one day they will let you build up encampments, but I wouldn't want to risk it. What would happen to them when you're not in the game? Would they move from server to server? Seems like there isn't really a good way to make something like that work.

Well the comming base mechanic will be set to one server. You will eventually be able to secure it, but at the same time people can raid it. But at the same time, if you die, you can make it back to your base and gear back up if you have built a secure base in a smart location. But yes, at the same time it can get raided and you loose it all. but that is life in the apoc.

Well the comming base mechanic will be set to one server. You will eventually be able to secure it, but at the same time people can raid it. But at the same time, if you die, you can make it back to your base and gear back up if you have built a secure base in a smart location. But yes, at the same time it can get raided and you loose it all. but that is life in the apoc.

Are you referring to H1Z1 or DayZ? At this point I would find it hard to believe that DayZ has anything so advanced planned.

As far as H1Z1 goes. This is what has me really worried about it...

http://kotaku.com/sony-sells-off-studio-behind-everquest-h1z1-1683267881

Thanks. I did actually play the Arma II mod and knew it surpassed the standalone in some ways. Specifically vehicles, which we just recently got.

I have experienced a bit of this new patch. Explored teh Prison Island. It is pretty cool. Found a truck, looted over a server.

I tried to play today. Not sure what the deal is but every time I try to get into the game I get the old "no communication in x seconds" error message and then go off to play something else. I see a lot of servers mentioning they restart every two hours but I know I have played on servers longer without a restart. Is that really the norm? Maybe I should try the TBG server but I usually look for the server with the lowest ping and most players.

Hey Slick,
We do not have a server anymore. It simply doesn't make sense currently to operate a server until they give administrators a decent amount of administrator-like abilities. Try H1Z1, most of us have not been back to dayz since we switched.

Back