Creating a new computer parts list. Would like some help.

So I switched to Thermaltake and my computer and CPU has been happy ever since

Thats weird to me I have the THermaltake but haven't been a big fan. It is insane loud on even the lower settings. I have nothing to compare it to so maybe I go the good one and don't realize it.

Is the Ryzen that good compared to an i7 of the same price. I am looking to update my computer this year and and have no idea what I want to get processor wise.

Thats weird to me I have the THermaltake but haven't been a big fan. It is insane loud on even the lower settings. I have nothing to compare it to so maybe I go the good one and don't realize it.

Is the Ryzen that good compared to an i7 of the same price. I am looking to update my computer this year and and have no idea what I want to get processor wise.

The Ryzen is supposed to be amazing.

Also thats odd. mine is insanely silent, if I dont have the lights on in my tower I couldnt tell you it was running at all

The Ryzen is supposed to be amazing.

Also thats odd. mine is insanely silent, if I dont have the lights on in my tower I couldnt tell you it was running at all

Not only that, but the EPYC processor was just launched and supposed to be really good for servers. We'll see.

My wife decided she wants a new PC and I just ordered the 1700x and Taichi mb for her since she uses the wireless. I'll let you know how her build goes since I'll be building it :)

If you're doing more than just gaming then I would recommend a Ryzen chip personally. The extra cores are nice when it comes to running virtual machines and streaming or recording video. If you're just strictly gaming then the higher IPC of the 7700K would be better. This is of course, for the mainstream enthusiast.

Well, fuck it. The sale on the Taichi ends in 2 days so I ordered it and am picking up a 1700x this weekend. I still need to get a new bracket for my XSPC cpu waterblock, some new tubing, and have yet to order the memory but that should do it for now.

Last edited:
Update, ordered the 1700x and Patriot Viper 4 3200mhz ddr4 . https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016A29PWA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also got more PETG tubing, some new radiator fans to replace the 2 on the top radiator that are old and dying. The AM4 waterblock mount is on the way also.

So while I'm at it I'll add a mb tray to the case and that should do it for changes besides redoing the tubing (and cleaning up the radiators from dust and cat fur).

Last edited:
Total dealbreaker.....
Screenshot_20170630-140826.png

I had a $50 coupon from Microcenter on anything over $250 so guess what ????
images_CustomerCare_spacer.gif

Thank you for shopping with us!

Your Sale Information
SKU Description Quantity Price Per Total Price
250837 AMD BOX AMD RYZEN 1700X
S/N: 9GU5443N70014 1 281.46 $281.46
Discount Coupon

Discount Coupon
Subtotal » $281.46
Tax » $23.44