Computer restarts during BF3

hmm. ive had the same thing in last 2 weeks.
I played Planet Side 2 and Star Wars the old republic MMO at the same time to put my system under stress and never get a restart, stayed in both games for hours pvping . only when I play BF3 do I get a pc restart. I have never had a pc restart even on my old pc. and this pc is only a couple weeks old and just got windows 8. reading up on windows 8 many have the same problem of pc restarts when launching apps ect . If you have windows 8 , I would hold off on a new power supply .

I'm running Win 7 64 bit Fub, and concerning power supply drain waflz, it's not draining (I watch the voltage on DMM right as it crashes and its perfect), nor turning off at any time besides BF3 and 3DMark sometimes, more so BF3 though.

As a matter of fact, I can leave my computer on all day 24/7 and it won't random restart. I can watch movies no problem. It only happens under stress. BF3 15-45 mins mostly it will restart.

Hey BLU3...your AMD cat control centre is what v12.10???? if it is, do a system restore, or uninstall and try going back to v12.08

I had some issues a couple weeks back with BF3 crashing when the 12.10 update came out, went back a version and all was gravy

is it happening on any other games ? do you have the latest punkbuster updates ?

It happens in 3DMark as well, I'm pretty sure it is the PSU. It happens on the first test of 3dmark Graphics test number 1 and makes a faint electronic hiss from the PSU (kind of like a dial up modem but barely hear it, like from a capicator or something). I have noticed it makes that sound steady during test 1 and that is when it shutsdown. If it makes it through test 1 luckily, it will finish the rest of the tests without a problem... The sound still is made, but more broken up and not as steady. This problem is definately isolated between PSU and videocard, but with this sound I feel it is the PSU.

Snakebabies- I tryed drivers old and new, same shit. I tryed disabling all audio drivers as I have read they can do that too, same shit. I MEMtested RAM, no errors. I used 1 stick at a time, same shit. It's not crashing BF3, it's restarting my computer in BF3 or during 3dmark benchmarking test.

sorry I couldn't contribute more to your issue, for I just am not that hip to the comp game

Buy a Seasonic while you have that Corsair RMA'd. You'll be ble to sell or hang onto that Corsair when it gets back. With as many PSU issues as I've had with other builds it's always nice to have a spare for back up. Granted those were Antec's. I will never use that company again. I had a week where I had to replace a number of them.

PSU fixed it, went to tigerdirect and got a thermaltake 750 watt smart m series...

PSU fixed it, went to tigerdirect and got a thermaltake 750 watt smart m series...

Another example of just how important it is to get a solid PSU. Not saying you did, but too many people see the PSU as the one thing they can go cheap on. And that shit can bite you right in the ass later on.

It's pretty strange, I have the same PSU and I have no problems. You maybe got just a defective product from the company, still not an excuse to let go a defective product if they tested it. I'm glad you fixed your problem man.

Back