Complaint against admin Dirty Lex on BF2 server

daoj0nes

Dirty Lex banned a member of our community for attacking an uncap with an IGLA on Operation Harvest on your BF2 server. What Lex should understand is that it is obvious that a stray missile from the IGLA veared off of the chopper he was shooting at and then shot his chopper that was still in the uncap.

It is impossible to hit a chopper in the uncap with an IGLA on Harvest, unless our buddy was actually in the uncap, which he clearly wasnt, which Lex also concurred after the ban was handed out.

I just don't understand why Lex failed to realize this and then became hostile when we tried to explain the sequence of events.

The banned players name is T0pN0tch, hopefully this can be sorted out and you guys can get a handle on Lex and explain that while its good to enforce rules it is always better to stop and think before you ban someone. Anyone who has played BF2 for a decent amount of time knows that you cannot attack the uncap on Harvest with an IGLA from any other flag. He also did not understand the concept of stray missiles.

I did ask Lex how old he was because I felt his hasty actions were that of a teenager and he responded that he was 23 years old and "an adult mother fucker". Here is the screen shot: </U>

I sincerely hope this is not the type of people you want to be representing your community.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Well, the purpose of this post isn't to appeal for someone else, it's a complaint about an admin on your server.

Well, the purpose of this post isn't to appeal for someone else, it's a complaint about an admin on your server.

Perhaps I should pull the Chat logs to reveal that the foundation for your complaint is completely falsified.

Instead of trying to twist this situation around to make it appear that you are victim here, I think we should examine the entirety of the chat log to see what caliber of people one of our head adminstrators was trying to deal with.

what should have been a relatively easy to understand series of server rules somehow...became a challenge for a few of your members understand after I explained why the failure of Notch to act in accordance with got him banned.
when I banned Top_NotchI was doing my job Period. There are dozens upon dozens of players who come into our severs and break our rules consistently and are kicked/banned each day. Regardless I make it a duty to assess each ban before I actually ban a player from our server. We encourage those who get banned on our severs to come to here to the website and post an appeal. That is the only "right" our players have besides to play in a cheat free environment the rest is a privilege and a courtesy from us, as we value the quality of our servers. Additionally I just don't fly off the handle at people and ban on a whim without a cause or a good reason, I am a professional individual, and I do not need to quantify anything for you, It's my responsibility as the admin on the server to keep everything running smoothly. I also do not tolerate guests on our sever telling me how to do my job, especially when their presence on our sever is a privilege not an entitlement. Which leads us into our current issue. We run a professional gaming community here not a circus. Our servers are not your flying club we work hard to keep the people who cannot follow the rules off the server to benefit those who do. All of our major violations are listed, both on the website, ingame scrolling, and on the server banner loading screen, so the "I didn't know" excuse does not carry any weight here, or lack of common sense to figure out what you buddy got banned for will not play out in this circumstance.

Back on topic:

The fact that you are trying to manipulate a section of dialogue, and make it appear that I am the one at fault here is completely ridiculous. Furthermore I explained to you and your "clan" mates exactly why notch was banned and if he desires to post a ban appeal he is more than welcome to post it here on our website and talk to me personally on teamspeak and Ill make sure that he can get it resolved or get the ban lifted. Just for you information, when an individual comes here for a ban appeal, we usually tend to lift it, unless there is some overwhelmingly strong reason not to.... unless that person literally works their way out of lifting their ban, such as a disrespectful, arrogant or attitude of entitlement.

there is something I want to point out to you, that I know you missed during our exchange of words

A pubber butted in to our coversation and said to me:

" Why don't you Just ban the stupid noobs and get it over with"

to which I replied "No, because they deserve and explanation to what is going on here."

Does that sound like an unprofessional individual to you?? Do you think that if I was an abusive admin I would have entertained a conversation with people who regularly play on our sever instead of just banning them??
That fact of this matter is very simple: 1. You were being extremely disrespectful to me, after I gave you the explanation you were looking for. and 2. if you are such upstanding and well behaved players as you claim to be, why
is that you continue to press the envelope of my patience and the boundaries of our server rules on an everyday occasion. 3.I invited you on team speak, provided you the password so that we could hash your issue out, best resolve it and still, that wasn't enough for you and your buddies, as Kluman decided to squawk admin abuse a total of 4 times.

I told you in game that we are very strict, but extremely fair. If you break a rule, a consequence will follow. If it is worth a warning, its a warning,
If it's worth a ban, it's a ban. Ultimately it is the administrators decision, if I kick you attacking the UCB only one time, I am doing my job, If I ban you, I am also doing my job.
If I think that the attack was inadvertent or in self defense (SF blowing up assets) I'll let it slide. That is something called...Responsibility.

Responsibility to TBG as an Admin, and to the players on our server.

Now let's set the record strait:

That screen shot that you posted is the tail end of the conversation where I continuously attempted to get you and your clan members to understand and acknowledge our bans process here at TBG, and the sequence of events that occurred in the server.
What you did not post however, is the amount of idiocy and extraneous bullshit that the lot of you were clogging the server chat box up with ; which was directed towards me while I am trying to provide you with some answers to why your buddy was banned. I will quote: "how long have you been playing this game for" "You are probably some noob kid all high on authority" "did you pick this game up at the wal-mart bargain bin because you obviously don't know how this game works". "how old are you?" "I bet he's a kid". Those questions have no relevance to the situation, nor does you're sense of entitlement to play on our servers or tell me how to admin them.

THAT is where I replied with the profanity listed above, only because you and your buddies were acting like complete fucking idiots while I am trying to HELP YOU. Which mind you is already a warrant for me to ban/kick you from the server

Did I become frustrated at your inane attempts to grasp what i was trying to tell you about our procedures here?? absolutely.. I told you on at least several occasions what the violation was, why he was banned, and how to resolve it.

Did I loose my temper a little bit? sure, that's a fair assessment, I am a human being, and frankly I am not going to tolerate individual who completely ignores the reasons and explanations that I banned his friend for and acts like a complete asshat. I gave you more than ample information to fulfill your questions, and I will have no more of it. If you cannot handle being spoken too like a child when you are acting as such, than please allow me to refer to you another game server where maturity and common courtesy are not required.

Finally let me remind you that you are a guest here, and I would highly advise that you articulate your response in a manner that best reflects that position.
Remember that it is a privilege not an entitlement or right to play on our servers. We value everything (to an extent) that our players have to say, and appreciate the amount of time that you and other members of the BF2 community spend playing in our servers. TBG takes pride in doing our best to make sure our fellow gamers are happy and will want to come back and play in our servers. We WANT to help you, not take the fun away.

We pay for and provide the high quality servers that you and the rest of the Battlefield community enjoys,
we admin them VERY VERY strictly. We have 64 slots for 64 people who want a nice place to play and about 10,000 scum bag players that want to ruin it for everyone else. In order to provide the best gaming environment, we have a series of rules that the user must act in accordance with. We have the fairest administrators in the Battlefield series we investigate every
concern and every issue with the fastest turn around time possible, with the most staff attention we can possibly muster to resolve that issue.

its almost sad that your here with this complaint as it seems you have one member that has cheated in the pasted. so how trust worthy is the complaint coming from another N80?
make me wonder how many other people in your group have or are cheating? so, far as i am concerned your all guilty by association.

meaning if i found him playing on tbg server with other N80 i may just ban all n80 for just that reason.

so think about what you're saying!

deleting posts now, I see?

Like a said before, if you are going to conduct yourself like a child, than you are going to be treated like a child. That means if you are going to try to start shit on our website, talk smack or be an asshat your are going to be treated like a one.

I have never seen fast delete a post or for that matter seen anyone have a post deleted because of the content contained within.

I will tell you that you are quickly on your way to get banned from not only our servers, but our website as well.

Is it that diffucult to conduct yourself in a professional manner? apparently so.

deleting posts now, I see?

Yes, no problem for discussion but get to point of the issue instead of flaming stupid usless no solution posts like this

shooting an igla from barndoor checkpoint at an attacking cobra constitutes a ban? interesting....

If you want to write something, write something with pertinence please.

Back