COD 4

HeatSurge

So um...

Who has COD4?

Does anyone wanna play with me on our server or somewhere?

I have it and wont play it anymore... disappointing in it really.

i play it from time to time i always wanted to try and get the server going but im clueless as to how we should do this!

CJ I know how you feel.

It's not like 2142 where I'm disappointed if I'm not pulling a 2:1 ratio at least... in COD4 right now, I'm pretty happy with a 1:1 ratio (same with CS:Source)... most of the time it's 1:2...

I'm getting a bit better though... I think it has to do with others knowing the maps a LOT better than me (and being able to throw insane nades / airstrike really well / know where to camp etc.).

With TBG people, at least you'll know everyone is a noob though :-D... so it'd be nice if we got some TBG deathmatch or something going.

Heck, I'd even go 1:1 on small maps like "Shipment" if anyone's up for it (good ole 1:1 deathmatch heh). It'd be fun.

BTW Fast needs to update the server to 1.7 or tell me why I can't see it in the server browser... ?!

If you give me some kinda interface like the Killing Floor one, I'll do it if you don't wanna bother :-D

Anyway, I don't really wanna get COD:WAW, because I don't like it at all (WWII FTL). I liked COD 4 to boot and it's still quite a bit of fun in multiplayer (even the 1 kill for 2 deaths that I get).

One problem with the game though, is that if the match is very one-sided, it can get extremely frustrating with the spawncamping and "take 1 step, death/airstrike..." but it doesn't happen overly much I guess.

BTW I got Cod4 for really cheap and I could get Cod5 really cheap too, so if anyone's interested ask me...

server is on version 1.6 but i know you guys have latest version. I can upgrade it so that you can have fun in there...if you want to play in ours just for fun let me know.

its at 1.7, its teamdeathmatch right now, if you want deathmatch only or leave it at TDM let me know

64.34.214.14:28960 IP and port

bring down console type connect 64.34.214.14:28960

or find it in the game browser called HARDCORE TDM -lTBGl-

cool will try it when I get home... doing some HW right now.

Deathmatch, especially in Hardcore mode is like teh noobspawnkillfest, but I'm sure it will be easier to populate. It's definitely not enjoyable for me (although I tend to do pretty well and can be a good XP builder).

The more teamwork and organization a game mode requires, the harder it seems to populate a server lol...

[quote1244176166=HeatSurge]
With TBG people, at least you'll know everyone is a noob though :-D... so it'd be nice if we got some TBG deathmatch or something going.

[/quote1244176166]

Lol, I am really good at that game, I pull a 2:1 most of the time, ill play with you sometime, if you need someone to play with.

o_0 2:1 eh?

Well, I started camping a bit more yesterday and I got some 2:1 rounds, but it was really tough. It's a hard game in general for me, but I'm hoping with experience I'll get a bit better.

I never went on the server yesterday sorry and I got some more shit to do today for school / this weekend so I won't play overly much... but maybe tonight.

how can i find this on the server list?? is it up? sorry for the noob question...

Umm... its kinda lame because you can't search for name, but you can wait 2 minutes for it to load the servers and ping them, and then look for: "HARDCORE TDM TBG" or whatever it's called. It sorts the servers alphabetically, ignoring special characters and whitespace.

Alternatively, you can just go to favorites and enter the IP. The port should be default. The IP is on the main page at tbgclan.com... and you can alt+tab just fine for the 4 numbers if you don't wanna write them down. That's what I did.

I'm also thinking of getting XFire. It seems very useful for non-steam games. Kind of what the steam community does for steam games...

BTW I confirmed the server's at 1.7 and I can find it just fine now ;-)

I connected and played on it for like 3 minutes this morning (you can see me on the graph lolz). Nobody connected so yah... it will take 4-5 of us playing on there to get it started possibly... IDK.

im trying to get on right now i just found that i was still on 1.6 so im updating

*updated so im hoping on

Why would you be at 1.6 o_0...

This is just really weird. I mean it's like running 2142 at 1.40 or something... everyone should update their games and servers immediately with every new patch imo.

They really need an autoupdater for COD...

BTW I'll probably play tonight... possibly.

lol i had no clue there even was an update but ive only had this game since december and dont play it that much so im still new to it but i good at it lmao but maybe all the nobs are on 1.6 haha we will see

Yeah I'm guessing it's the noobs at 1.6 probably...

The games I've played felt pretty rough... 042 :fisting

Actually most people on the teams are OK, but there's ALWAYS that guy / clantag that's like 5:1 ratio and fucking killing me personally 1 out of every 2 deaths... maybe because I'm kind of a noob too :)

let me know if you still want deathmatch, i think you would want to get quick into the action and not wait for the same person to kill ;)

Back