Call of Duty 4 Banner!

bracketslash

I've developed a banner for the CoD4 servers!

Server online:
cod4.png

Server offline:
cod4.png

Additional, I believe that it would be referenced as such to join directly to the server:
66.150.121.235:28960

I hope you guys like it! I'm in the process of developing it further, so this may not necessarily be the final.

I like it. Nice work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

If you want, I can also (try) to make a banner which pulls your CoD4 stats from UltraStats. Would you guys use that?

Looks nice yeah linking with ultra stats would be sick ;)

Sent from my LG-P880g using Tapatalk 2

Thanks bracket I just woke up. We will have this implemented today. Only part I am unsure of at this point is the asynchronous update calls but even without having that done it will still update every minute which is faster than GT.

As far as the UltraStats thing goes it requires access to the database for the most part. I have no problem with setting you up with a copy. But it might take a couple days as the only compatible server at the moment is the one its on and we unfortunately can't provision ftp accounts. I really wish we could as it would make security a little better.

Thanks bracket I just woke up. We will have this implemented today. Only part I am unsure of at this point is the asynchronous update calls but even without having that done it will still update every minute which is faster than GT.

As far as the UltraStats thing goes it requires access to the database for the most part. I have no problem with setting you up with a copy. But it might take a couple days as the only compatible server at the moment is the one its on and we unfortunately can't provision ftp accounts. I really wish we could as it would make security a little better.
I could have it retrieve the stats from the website and not the database. All that would be required is the user's ID in the stats database which they can find by visiting their own stats, it's in the URL. :)

Yeah but I think the SQL retrieval would be more stable and reliable as it won't change but tweaks to the template could. Plus server side its less intensive to query than it is to parse an HTML result. Remember the cod server is on the server things like the ts3 and banners are generated which means less power used the better.

Come to think of it actually there is a problem there lol. Database can't be accessed externally anyways. Either I finally fix ultra stats to work on mysql 5.5 or we do ultra stats banners on the NFO hosting.... hmmm

Banner code is live after a short delay.

Bracketslash being a new recruit I only gave him access to a testing server. When this sort of arrangement is in play things don't always work right on the production server. I have made a minor change to make it work for now. While it may work permanently it is not a proper fix. I will leave that up to the pro :p But anyways just to point out if it does fail to work its not his fault.

For the moment it updates once per minute. In the very near future it will update at least once per minute with updates also being called when the image is requested.

Looks great guys. Nice work Bracket and Rain!

Im off to work. In theory the banner should work this time. Yesterday we had a failure of "cron" but the script was only pulling the first 9 players as the fix i did was not really a fix. After another change there was some time where it was reading all the way up to 32 but how I was doing it took way too long. A proper fix is now in place and assuming the server gets going we should see results. All in all if this works bracket still saved me time :p

I took off the steam link for the moment. It launched the game but never connected servers. Another pain is the every time the server page gets edited the html special quote gets converted to an actual quote and then the link ends up just steam: so no point in keeping something thats going to break every month or so. We will probably add a page with the current players etc and have join instructions for noobs like me.

I'm showing that the game has 23 players in it right now :-| and the banner says 0.

I'm showing that the game has 23 players in it right now :-| and the banner says 0.

Damn it... It worked last night with 3 people in the game. The banner image has not updated since 11:57... Windows permissions... I had changed the user executing.

But uh doesn't seem to be working anyways. 7 players showing? About the amount I see on my phone. But still possible reason here to believe its broke.

Alright, the latest image looks accurate. :)

EDIT: Yeah, I just left. There was like 6-7 people.

EDIT2: I think that the Steam server listing is incorrect in reporting how many people are online lol.

The COD4 server browser always says there are 23 people in our server. Regardless of the real number.

Back