Blizzard cancels its next-gen MMO Titan after seven years

I saw that. Very interesting. I wonder if it is at all related to the release of Destiny. Maybe maybe not. Regardless, Blizzard doesn't release anything it doesn't know will be a huge success and played for years and years.
Awesome that they can still do these things under Activisions hand.

Maybe they could focus a little effort into graphics so WoW doesn't look like it was made 5 years ago...

Maybe they could focus a little effort into graphics so WoW doesn't look like it was made 5 years ago...

But their goal is not a game with high end graphics. The goal is to provide an amazing/fun experience to the greatest number of people. Their subscription model demands that people with crappy computers be able to play and have a good experience. Blizzard has always been about the experience and repeat gameplay - not cutting edge graphics. Its why games like Wow, Starcraft 2, and Diablo 3 are some of the most popular games out there.

WOW...

tumblr_inline_nb98wzofId1sz581d.gif

Yes, but thats why the graphics settings have a lame notch. I played with tons of people on their crappy laptops and they could only see 50 yards, then fog. I had max settings everything and felt they should've done more for those of us with a rig. Nothing special, just... more after this many years.

BTW, i will not return unless someone paid for a month and wanted 70k gold in return lol

Someone probably took a hard look at it and it just didn't live up to the current PC/cons. game environment. Better to cut losses early than release a floppy shit.

It's an insane amount of pressure to produce the "next WoW," and maybe they'll never be able to do it.

I think MMO is going to have to evolve to the next generation of gamers.

Hint: They aren't playing on Laptops and PC's.

There may never be another WoW.

http://black-desert.com/ is interesting.

Yeah I probably can't play another mmorpg again... WoW literally drained me out. However I am still interested in WoW just not the monthly payment even if they switch to free2play which could turn out to be pay2win. Solution i'll cut WoW from my life period. sadface

I had over 7000 hours logged in WoW. The latest expansion made me decide to not even play it anymore. I think they are just adding too many systems into the game and making it way overly complicated. It should be combat driven but now you make garrisons, ships, pet battles, etc. Its just taking the focus away from the fighting for your faction.

Around here someplace I have my original EQ Beta 3 CD... (Yeah they mailed CD's in those days!).

Even EQ had to evolve quickly. Players hated losing levels and XP. Players hated the rez system. Players hated the hell levels". Basically, I think I played that for 3 years and when WoW came out my entire guild up and left EQ within a month and played WoW for the next 5 years.

But as was mentioned... WoW just kept adding on and adding on. There was no real focus anymore. I played Warfronts (or whatever they were called) nearly 100% of the time, but even that lost its flair when ever 6 weeks you had to grind for the next armor level.

MMPORPG's need a fresh look. And so far, I haven't seen it.

i had a year play time on my main that doesn't include my alts.WoW was the death of a relationship the only mmorpg I see that strikes me is possibly division but its been pushed back and back for now ill stick with fps or free roam games

Back