BFBC2 EA server update

sixer9682

After optimizations and restarts yesterday, we had been stable across all platforms. Unfortunately, we encountered another outage at approximately 9:30 AM PST today.

- X360 was severely impacted, and the service is being restarted. It should be back online and we are monitoring closely.
- PC had an outage, but the service is offline currently and the service is being restarted. It should be back online and we are monitoring closely. We will then start checking the quality of the customer experience to determine possible next steps.
- PS3 appeared to have a brief outage, but has quickly recovered and the services is functioning properly at this time.

All teams are actively engaged in diagnosis and remediation. We are adding additional services to alleviate load. Despite having a major infrastructure in place, the peak traffic this weekend has been huge, 400% higher than any other Battlefield's peak simultaneous users. The teams will continue to monitor the services closely. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will provide further updates on the latest developments as they are relevant.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...bad-company-2-server-update-2010-03-07.aspx##

What the fuck do they expect releasing a game on 3 platforms; with the BETA & pre-orders so high. I tried to download punkbuster update yesterday and their website took forever to load, so evenbalance have their problems too. EA & Dice imagine that...we are all suckers. I wish my friends list worked; Luckly, there was enough people on that we could all get on the same server.

I also read that they have, get this, 400% more PC players than any other release of the battlefield series. Apparently, it's even more hugely popular than they thought it would be.

"DICE associate producer Barrie Tingle has revealed that at the moment, during the week of the game's retail release, more people are playing the PC version of the game than both the 360 and PS3 editions combined"
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=103109

I don't care if it's 1000%, they should have been prepared. Typical.

but if they had 400% more pc players than any other battlefield game, it definitely bodes well for bf3

Back