[BF4] BF4 In-Game FPS Meter Anyone?

SlamJammer

I recently had some issues with my GTX 970 FPS in-game after the latest update while using GeForce Experience. In Ultra Video mode I was getting between 70 and 90 FPS since I got the card last Christmas up until about a week ago with no issues. After the latest update my FPS dropped two thirds. After talking with EVGA Tech support I learned that sometimes the new updates change the Geforce Experience as well and depending on certain system configs this may change performance for the worst. I scored 6900 something on the 3DMark Demo. After uninstalling Geforce Experience I ran 3DMark again and scored over 10000. I won't be using Geforce Experience or any other outside programs for FPS metering, at least for now. Did some research to find an in-game FPS meter and I found one.

The "~" key located above the " TAB" key opens the Command Prompt for BF4 while in-game, and if you type the following exactly as it appears in orange here you will get your in-game FPS meter in the upper right corner of your screen. PerFOverlay.DrawFps 1

It works well for me, an instant improvement in FPS. I realize you may already know this, I wanted to share it anyway. Good hunting.

+1. You can also create a config file and save it so that automatically loads up without you having to type it again.

+1. You can also create a config file and save it so that automatically loads up without you having to type it again.

Could you give a quick "show me" lesson how to do this?. I try to stay clear of config files...:oops:

First of all, this is what I have in my config file.

WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
GameTime.MaxVariableFps 144

This removes all motion blur, gives the fps counter and limits my fps to never go over 144.

If you want just the fps counter then copy this command:

PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1

Go to whatever hard drive you have your bf4 installed on, go to origin games and then the bf4 sub folder.

upload_2016-4-25_19-16-55.png

right click and open a notepad

upload_2016-4-25_19-17-23.png

copy and paste the commands that you want into the notepad.

file >save as.

upload_2016-4-25_19-14-25.png

Make sure your file name and save as type look like above. Hit save.

Then look for a folder that looks like this

upload_2016-4-25_19-15-49.png

IF it shows the CFG File then you've succesfully saved the commands. Now next time that you start up battlefield you should show the FPS up in the right hand corner.

Back