[BF4] 90 HZ Locker 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite911

Hello,

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I've tried looking everywhere for an explanation on the forum (including server rules), but I can't find an answer.

In the server it says no restrictions but just wondering about RPGs, impact grenades, etc. When throwing one or shooting a rocket they do not explode on impact, but if it comes into direct contact with an enemy it does explod. As for normal frags, they explode regardless if it hits someone or not.

I am assuming this is server wide and not just me? Not opposed to it, but I am hoping it's not a bug on my end.

Impact nades are notoriously buggy. The explosion often registers but you won't see the explosion effects, especially if it hits a surface quickly after being thrown.
Same with any type of rocket. If travel time is very short, often they'll just glitch into a surface. The destruction to the wall/ground/etc will register and so will the damage but once again the explosion effects won't show. This has been my experience playing this game since launch.
It certainly isn't a server restriction, these are just BF4 issues that have been around.

Thanks for the explanation.

I believe ping may have a factor as well. As I am in Australia I am getting a solid 230ms ping. On another server that is set in California, LA, I get 180ms ping.

I noticed your servers are set in Chicago. Would it be possible to consider moving them to California or somewhere a bit closer to Australia? If AU players can get under 200 ping while also majoraity of US players getting around normal ping I believe it will be a good boost for your server, getting more players from AU and some may even be able to donate to help out. I am also considering donations (the $60 one), especially if we can move the server closer.

As you can see in my attached screenshot, the other server is about 183ms, which is quite good for us in AU. Yours is about 228ms.

I do enjoy being on the server, minus the high ping.

Attachments

• cmd_0gvrOZxRpq.png
    cmd_0gvrOZxRpq.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 2
From what I understand, Chicago has the best hardware and networking from our server provider and is a good central location for the majority of our players from the USA. I don't think that leadership is looking to relocate any time soon.
We appreciate your dedication to our servers, and I'm sure they'll consider any feedback or suggestions you can give them. Cheers

As of right now we are not looking at moving our servers. We run two full boxes that we just had upgraded a couple months ago. As shamflex said we chose Chicago as we are a primarily a NA clan with the majority if our members in the u.s. and canada.

In the future we may fill niches as necessary. But just not interested in moving our servers at this time.

I thought I did read somewhere about you recently moving servers.

For us AU players we only have about 2 servers that are active, mostly only active from the evening time. During the day there's only one full server. It would be nice if we can get more of a variety in servers. Especially for DLC maps and all regular maps.

I was actually thinking of you making a trial server, I can also help a bit with the costs of it. Maybe if all goes well, such as we get the players, server runs fine without issues, etc, we could keep it as a permanent or move servers to the location in the future. Obviously these won't be a straight away thing, but just some considerations.

I am also grateful for the opportunity to be able to play on one of your servers, so thank you for that.

Attachments

• firefox_GnRaJfB9mQ.png
    firefox_GnRaJfB9mQ.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 1
Sorry, that will not be happening. We have successfully run our servers out of Chicago for years now and moving them to the west coast will distance a majority of our player base from the servers.

Locking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back