BF is on steam

The increase in ‘cheaters’ looks like it’s gonna be the case. I have more than a few dudes on my favorites list that I’m watching. BF4 is going to start looking more like all your BF3 reports sadly, I think. Where as I usually followed a guy every week or two, it looks like it’s gonna be a couple per week if the sales stay increased.

The increase in ‘cheaters’ looks like it’s gonna be the case. I have more than a few dudes on my favorites list that I’m watching. BF4 is going to start looking more like all your BF3 reports sadly, I think. Where as I usually followed a guy every week or two, it looks like it’s gonna be a couple per week if the sales stay increased.

Luckily our guys are pretty good about keeping the servers clean. I haven't seen many cheaters, but I've definitely seen a lot of new players coming into the servers lately.

Has any thoughts put back into the vote kick option lately? Agreed, very responsive at kicking these guys out once we get a post up, but it's tough sometimes too when there's just not as many admins currently playing with us. 3-4 years ago it was awesome because there was usually always at least one person in the server. There's been two nights within a weeks time where hackers have cleaned the room out. Not with just those aimbotting cheats, but the guys that come in with that dev mode crap and start running across the sky at 100 mph doing insta-kills. When that happens at 1 or 2 in the morning EST, it goes from a full room to completely empty and it often doesn't recover.

We will discuss internally about allowing vote kick again. The issue is that it eventually gets abused. Tbh the number of cheaters weve seen doesnt seem that much more than before. The majority of accounts weve been banning have been around since before the steam release.

You say you've seen dev mode cheating twice this week. But we dont have any reports of it. Those ones are super clear cut and we can ban them right away(also bf4db autoban these guys as well).

That was part of the reason they were not reported, fairfight did get them. Pretty sure I even have screens of the one, but didn’t bother posting them. In the end, they were banned, but damage had already been done in terms of killing the server.

Edit: Actually, one was same dude Sham reported https://www.tbgclan.com/threads/reporting-a-player.58837/
So that was one where Matt was able to get him. I remember the screen chat now.

And I get you 100% on the abuse thing. Can you guys set the required voting percentage? Seems as though most are on the same page when it comes to getting Those guys out of the servers, so it could possibly be set pretty high on the vote count, if that’s a thing of course.

Last edited:
Ah you right. Forgot about the one sham reported.

We will discuss it, but this is not me saying we will do it.

Back