BF:BC 2 PC Review

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
http://translate.google.com/transla...-Schweden---Teil-2,45614,1.html&sl=auto&tl=en

BF Bad Company 2 ... 20.12.2009 17:00
A gamma in Sweden - Part 2

As promised, could now today the second part of the report on the visit to Stockholm. Today it's about the impressions about the PC version of Battlefield Bad Company, 2nd Unfortunately, there are, for obvious reasons, there are quite a few pictures from the studio. Therefore, the text is all the more meaningful.

Impressions and feelings about PC version

Was it in the previous article about the pure journey, we now come to the preserves, wait safely on the most players already urgent. After two hours of multiplayer you can take a lot. However, I would like to send in advance that I can not disclose all the facts and far more. I ask this to understand and accept. It is located at DICE when they give out this info and that makes perfect sense. Many demands on me are thus not really get what I write here everything is permitted.

We immediately start with a few important statements, before drop here some impatience from the chair. Yes it is an actual PC version, not a flat port. Yes, it still looks better than the PS3. Yes it is fast, direct, hard and it feels like Battlefield. Yes, it draws you into the game and holds one. Yes, it is intense and more direct than the PS3 version. A Battlefield for the PC in the best sense.

But we come to the details. As already written in the travelogue, I had a little more than two hours opportunity to a current version of Battlefield Bad Company multiplayer games for the PC. The whole thing has taken place in a large office at DICE in the studio. Surrounded by various developers of DICE, I was able to play directly on a PC Dev. The PC was a work machine there was running in the background in the field and office, it came to emails and the PC was only minutes before my arrival, nor used for work. Nix polished, nothing processed, really the way it is currently in the studio.

For games, I had a developer account, which had activated all the weapons and gadgets. Since only two hours were available, I decided to play me just Assault and Recon and taste in both classes, many weapons. The server was on the Internet, as opponents were 15 employees from the Q & A are available. These guys play for months and test the game. Which they have been organized according to skill, it should be clear. And so it is not acting for a clay pigeon shooting with venial opponents but an intense, exhausting game with real ability. To those, however, I could also give one or the other action;).

The whole time there were two developers DICE present and have given me at the beginning of helpful tips. Especially for the keyboard layout and the menu, which has in the PC version but significant changes. The gentle smile of the guys and the nice note, would the Q & A people probably beat me pretty hard, but disappeared within minutes of the faces of the boys. Was caused by an M1 Abrams tank whose aim it was probably run over me. Foreign rum, mortars out, grenade into the air. BÄMMMM! Tank down! From then on, it said soft smile no longer visible.

I could play a total of four different maps, one of which was the Arica Harbor, known from the PS3 beta. This map was the entry and it is also the only one on which I can elaborate. Once I was in the game, turned an instant feeling of being in the middle. Thanks to the mouse and keyboard, I could immediately sense move and had a much better orientation on the map. Within seconds, presented a typical Battlefield feeling. What followed was a round of very intense ground combat, fast, intense and demanding. In the first few minutes, I had significant problems with the Q & A to keep up guys. Sniper, knives, grenades, Main Battle Tank, MG - so just about anything on the card got me again. But with a steep learning curve, I was quickly into the gameplay, and could then hand out some strong. After a few minutes, it was my Battlefield, as I know it since BF1942 and love.

After almost 20 minutes real battle, I began to look around some more. The graphical splendor of the engine comes on the PC again better than before. The PS3 beta I play on a 32-inch Full HD LCD. So when I write, it looks better, then I have a real comparison.

For nearly an hour, I then tested on different maps, different weapons, grenades and vehicles. And, above all with the familiar quad a lot of fun with that. For significant laughs at the DICE guys took care of the test firing with a grenade, in which I was hanging on a parachute. Only seconds after reaching the floor came the show that I had hit anyone. Luckshot pure!

When it comes to cars I can test quad, tanks and helicopters. All are easy to control, do what you expect and make a lot of fun. In particular, the Main Battle Tanks to give an impression of even more agile than in BF2, and are really dangerous opponent. In many forums, is currently being hotly debated Killcam the Games. What to Arica Harbor, because of the houses is a bit problematic because you may also notice where the enemy sits, uses significantly less on other maps. In an intense infantry combat on the ground we easily see, who has caught one, but usually not from where. Even Sniper are not so easy to locate. The high abundance of detailed maps played the enemy hides in many cases very good. Of course, we have just seen in the stationary machine guns, the chance to whence it came. These are but also by their plate armor very well protected.

Hand grenades were in Battlefield always has a fixed size. Who has not once even spammed with Nades or is driven in a run off or such. Even in the PC version of the grenades go easily from the hand and thrown with a direct button. This goes so fast that you can take when loading the weapons almost simultaneously by a shell in order to gain some air. And twice quickly.

The weapons are in most cases already known from the PS3 beta. I was able to test many of assault and sniper rifles. All have their own advantages and disadvantages. Most make a lot of fun. A special feature are the various modes of weapons. Thus, an assault rifle for example, 3 shot burst firing, another resolves a shot from and clicking the mouse button while holding a burst. I can not honestly say whether this is implemented on the PS3 as well, where I have almost only played Sniper. I simply can not cope with the sticks on the controller. All the more fun it has given me a mouse and keyboard.

The UAV confirmed several times by now, I have also flown. It is great fun, but not significantly different than on the Playstation. Unfortunately, I could see the most gadgets only briefly. For the time was just too short and I was in the fall of the gameplay much more at heart. And that is the PC version unfolds in my eyes, its full potential. Faster and harder than on the Playstation are the battles. Often, a not have time to fight an enemy, once one comes under fire. Very ingenious solution is also sprinting. As in BF2 sufficient to trigger a double pressure on the W key to the sprint. So you can quickly overcome even greater distances.

The lying down is also a hot topic. Honestly? I've missed it in two hours, perhaps two or three times. Most of the time one is engaged with struggles and not lying down. Amazing, actually, because in previous games, of course, I was also constantly in the dirt. But when one gets into BFBC2 under fire, then lying down is not an option. Each hit can be the last. And even with the sniper one is always in motion and has to do, one of the opponents do not get caught. As I said, I've hardly missed.

Unfortunately I can not elaborate on the different maps. Each of the four cards was different, gave a different feel. On each page, other tactics were announced and other weapons in use. And how to Arica Harbor changed the gameplay over the map again also. Just depending on what area of the map can be found. In any case, you expect, whether PC or console, a number of great, different maps, giving each a slightly different way, the typical Battlefield feeling.

The version that we played that gave me a very good impression. It ran stable over the entire two hours, no massive Lagg, no crashes, no problems. Sure you could at one point or another still see the game is still being worked on. Thus, the menu is also shown, according to both my supervisor is not yet final. But there have now provides a direct sense, every click instant happens, the mouse menu is fast and direct. Even the scroll wheel works, thus facilitating the selection of weapons. The HUD in the game is essentially identical to the PS3 HUD from the Beta. As usual, we change with C in vehicles, the camera and they can then view it from outside.

Truly one of the first play from the community to be was a great pleasure and honor for me. It's been a lot of fun and makes me even more impatient for the release of the game. Particularly impressive was a little five minutes question and answer session with Gustav Enekull and the two DICE guys. Almost, they have greedily sucked my quick feedback and you can almost say that they have looked a little relieved when it roundly positive. But more of them in the conclusion.

though hard to understand at time (babblefish translation?) it sounds promising

Yeah, promising sounds it is, beta waiting for cant. Version for PC, fun should be, a lot of. LoL

Yeah broken translation ftl. Other than that is sounds like it's going to be fun as hell.

I just saw that Johan Anderson, Rendering Architect at DICE, says there is ATI crossfire support as well as Nvidia SLI for BFBC2-Nice!

Yup. As I said in my post yesterday, I hope they continue to do this support. IW never even did this for consoles, forget about the PC (IW sucks).

Back