Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition Annouced

Soldier4Real

Guildford, UK – October 30, 2009 – DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced a Limited Edition* release of Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2, the premier first-person shooter of 2010. The Limited Edition game features six special gameplay unlocks that give players a tactical advantage on the battlefield from the minute they fire up the game. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has been recognized by critics worldwide for its uncompromising action gameplay, unprecedented level of destruction, vehicular warfare, squad play and open sandbox environments in a modern warfare game. Available while supplies last, the Limited Edition version of the game will be sold at the same price as the standard version of the game exclusively with retailer GAME in the UK, and the only way gamers can guarantee they will be able to get it will be via pre-order.

The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition delivers six special customizations early to give players a day one advantage in multiplayer matches. Four vehicle warfare unlocks will immediately enhance the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 best-in-class online vehicle warfare experience, delivering extra firepower, radar, and armour for the vehicles. Additionally, the tracer dart attaches to any enemy vehicle and allows RPG-toting teammates to track, lock on, and destroy their adversary. Seasoned veterans of Battlefield 1943â„¢ will be able to immediately re-acquaint themselves with two classic and highly powerful weapons, the M1A1 submachine gun and the M1911 pistol.

The full list of six unlocks are as follows:

Four vehicle warfare unlocks:
• Improved Vehicle Armour – An up-armour package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
• Supreme Vehicle Firepower – Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armoured vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
• Vehicle Motion Sensor – Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
• Tracer Dart Pistol – This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

Two classic Battlefield 1943â„¢ weapons:
• M1A1 Submachine Gun – Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
• M1911 Pistol – Highly customized M1911 are favoured for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be available on March 5, 2010 in the UK for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the PC.

In addition to the above:

The Limited Edition announcement raised some questions and created some discussion across the interwebs so here is a short FAQ to help answer questions we've seen by the community:

Limited Edition FAQ
Do I have to pay extra for the Limited Edition? No, it's the same price as the Standard Edition, just limited in quantity.

Do I have to reserve / pre-order to get the Limited Edition? No, but that's the safest way to ensure you get one since there will be a limited supply.

Can I get the unlocks featured in the Limited Edition if I miss out and can only get the Standard Edition? Yes, won't have the same day 1 advantage. You'll have to play through game and get the unlocks the standard way.

Where can I get the Limited Edition? We intend to sell it at as many retailers as possible, but it depends on where you live and how much your retailer wants to stock up. Once they're sold out, only the Standard Edition will be available.

Why don't I see the Limited Edition showing up at my favorite online retailer? It's up in some place like EA.com and will start to appear everywhere else. This is a busy time of the year and retailers are working hard to get this in place and it will be available both online and in-store.

Is the Limited Edition available on all three platforms? Yes: PC, PS3 and X360.

Will there be a Beta or Demo before the game comes out? Stay tuned to the blog or follow us on Twitter for future developments on all things Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Also, we got a great letter from Eddie J. in New Jersey and the entire team loved it. We really appreciate it and a huge thank you from all of us on the BFBC2 team!

//GvD

Awesome. If Infinity ward dont clean up there act and support dedicated servers i will preorder this.

have any links to the preorder site? I am think about buying this like right now lol..

i have never really been all that impressed with the earlier bf series versions.. but i must admit this game does look pretty frickin off the hook..

cheeze

Gogamer.com had them, but it must have been a limited number for the pre-order since they took it off the site now. Fuck it, I ordered the bitch already. Game on!

Gah, as tempting as it sounds, and for the same price of the stock game, I think I'll wait. We'll see.

[quote1256940615=Soldier4Real]

Seasoned veterans of Battlefield 1943â„¢ will be able to immediately re-acquaint themselves with two classic and highly powerful weapons, the M1A1 submachine gun and the M1911 pistol.

[/quote1256940615]

HaHa - PC may never even see this game

[quote1256941499=Arturo_Fuente]
[quote1256940615=Soldier4Real]

Seasoned veterans of Battlefield 1943â„¢ will be able to immediately re-acquaint themselves with two classic and highly powerful weapons, the M1A1 submachine gun and the M1911 pistol.

[/quote1256940615]

HaHa - PC may never even see this game

[/quote1256941499]
Don't know why you would think that. Just because IW doesn't release a proper PC version, doesn't mean all companies will follow suit.

• Tracer Dart Pistol – This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

Sounds like its going to be rape.

Back