Battlefield 2 v1.50 Beta Released

ErikStenger

The beta for testing the new 1.50 update for Battlefield 2 is now available for everyone who want to help out and test the new patch. It contains a new map, Operation Blue Pearl, along with a number of security updates.

The beta will be running for at least a couple of weeks, to give the developers enough time to gather feedback from the beta testers (and hopefully make changes if that’s needed). Feedback is welcome on the EA forums : http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2/538184-beta-patch-v1-5-feed-back.html).

The current list of changes can be seen below. A deeper explanation on design choices made for the new map have been posted here on Battlefield.com, and screenshots can be viewed here.

Download the Beta at Fileplay.net

============
Battlefield 2 Update v1.50
============
FEATURES
- Additional support for Windows Vista.
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.
- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.
- Added support for Widescreen resolutions
- Added support for the Novint Falcon controller - http://www.novint.com

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS
- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced. Please note that the J10 is a superior dogfighter to the F35B and as such these two aircraft will never be equally matched.
- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.
- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".
- Various changes made to prevent cheating.
- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model
- Increased the time to go prone after jumping from 0.3 seconds to 0.7 seconds
- Fixed G36E HUD during sprinting to match other weapons.

WOW. They actually made GAMEPLAY changes? Here's to hoping they'll fix the PAC gunship lol (daydreaming is nice heh).

I hope for the best, but know it will more than likely be short lived. I actually mentioned something like that to one of the admins here earlier. The main problem with the hackers is actually game code. Yeah there are those other annoying things like crashing the servers, but that should be a fairly easy fix (Should be). Like I said earlier I hope for the best, but time will tell. I hope the beta testing goes smoothly so they can get to work on the 2142 patch....We'll see.

Bazajatee seems to be very responsive and helpful as of late. He's the DICE community manager, I think.

We have 2 but they aren't very popular as of yet. Hopefully they will get jump-started when the new 1.50 patch comes out for BF2.

Easy to patch the crashing? Well, it took them over 2 years lmao... and we're not even sure it IS in fact fixed yet... and nevermind all possible exploits and shit which actually crash the server without using the rcon exploit...

As far as Bazajaytee... too little, too late I'm afraid. EA should've been providing such active community support since pre-beta, not starting after 2 years of game release. Better late than never though. Some developers just scrap projects after one or two patches (usually) and call it good (emm... ubisoft?).

Either their company policy or QA / PR department is complete shit. Internal testing has never been enough to make games bug-free.

The patch is over 1 GB. I would damn well hope that they fix all the crashing exploits!

1GB!?!!!! Wow.

Makes you wonder wtf... the whole GAME is about 3 gb installed, isn't it? The code itself should be like no more than 50mb max... the rest is all textures and sounds and 3d mesh data etc. Makes you wonder wtf they fubar'd to begin with.

No new weapons only one new map and I really don't think its all that great. I figured they would of taken note from all the mods and made an all out aircraft warfare map. There is a new section in game controls though. It lets you set your recoil and movement speed for each weapon. A nice tweak there I say. It is a big patch though.

Also if you're into singleplayer BS'n go get the AIX mod.

I have an idea of how to get TBG's BF2 servers populated.

One day tell all TBG members that own BF2 to play it for a few days instead of other games.

Back