-
Server name that you were banned on:
**24/7 METRO NO RESTRICTION | TBGclan.com | 1000 TIX | NO LAG
Approximate Date/Time that you were banned:
8/20/2013 5:08:03 AM
Admin that banned you (If you remember):
-
If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for:
Reason give: "Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster permanent ban issued on this Game Server for player 'Eggswithoutplate' ... Banning for Racial Slur!! onigiri is a Japanese snack food - its kind of a rice ball 8/20/2013 5:08:03 AM" [Admin Decision]"
Any additional comments you would like to add?
I think that somehow punkbuster settings just banned me for a completely innocent comment. As above, I wrote "onigiri is a Japanese snack food - its kind of a rice ball." I was writing it because someone commented that there was a player on their team with the name onigiri7. I lived in Japan for 5 years and my wife is Japanese. I really wasn't making a racial slur. I was simply providing a definition of a word. I honestly can't understand how punkbuster automatic settings banned me except that I must have tripped up some filter that searches for sentences like "(noun) is (race)" or something. But if you look at the sentence I'm pretty sure it's clear that I'm referring to the language not the ethnicity. here is a link to what onigiri is (a food I happen to eat every week):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OnigiriA

Thanks. I really hope this ban gets cleared because I like playing on TGC servers. I know that if there is a hacker I can report them and admin will look in on it, which is pretty rare.
This is directed for members and/or guests. Do not respond to ban appeal threads. Any posts that comes from anyone else will have their posts deleted.
-

Thank you for your appeal.. A head admin will be with you shortly to resolve this issue..

I must have tripped up some filter that searches for sentences like "(noun) is (race)" or something.

Simpler than that - it looks for "nig", amongst other strings, and bans unless they're part of a word on its whitelist.

Whatever, ban lifted & enjoy the server.

Back