STEAM_0:1:26788257
Server name that you were banned on:
TGB Chicago
Approximate Date/Time that you were banned:
8/3/13 7:45 PM EST
Admin that banned you (If you remember):
The Mother Goose
If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for:
Tasteless joke. Miscommunication with administrators leading up to my ban following the ban of another player.
Any additional comments you would like to add?
A player before me was banned, and an admin wrote in chat "have fun being permabanned you racist idiot" presumably The Mother Goose. Very professional. Following this ban there was a large argument/discussion in chat over what the guy had even done. No one had witnessed anything. Some people even joked that camping was racist and Mother Goose banned him for it.

On to me now. Another player (who had a microphone) typed in chat "what did he say *****ga or something?" to which I replied "why so many asterisks?" seconds after "my n***a" Mother Goose went on to warn people about the zero racism policy he was enforcing on the server. Fine. Good and dandy. The player with a microphone who had typed it before me apologized quickly and was apparently forgiven by Goose, however, without a microphone I was put at a disadvantage. I was typing sorry in my chat window when I was kicked from the server with ban reason "My nigga" I had not written "My nigga" I had self censored myself, in response to the other chat member. I'm not sure what sort of miscommunication happened, but a permanent ban from a pub server seems a little outrageous to me.

Thanks for your time,
altern
This is directed for members and/or guests. Do not respond to ban appeal threads. Any posts that comes from anyone else will have their posts deleted.
-

Thanks for filling out an appeal. We have a strict zero tolerence racism policy in place to make our servers an enjoyable experience for all. A head admin and the banning admin will pull the chat logs and get in touch with you. Sit tight.

Sorry, but as you can see we do not lift bans for racial slurs. It was not due to not having a microphone but even joking we don't tolerate that stuff on our servers. Feel free to play on our other servers, but the ban on this one stays.

A player got banned for a racist comment. I then said "Had to ban someone for being a racist idiot" and went on to say be careful what you say. I reiterated that racism bans are never lifted. A couple people took this as a permission to start saying more racist crap, to test the line. "My Nigga" is what you said.

Though you may not have meant it aggressively the server spams that all racism will be a perma-ban. I also regularly warn people when chat takes a turn for the worse.

Sorry, but I can't lift it.

filedetails

I'm sorry if this comes off as rash, but the difference between the people in chat making full on racist remarks and not getting banned (unless the person who said something before me ended up getting banned after me, I'm not sure of that) while I get banned for censoring myself is a little bit on the unreasonable side. I understand the rules and can respect that, but when they're only partially enforced, I start getting a little upset. I'd just like an explanation for that as I feel I've not truly been told why me above the rest of the chat which had exploded.

Back