Natural Selection
Server name that you were banned on:
One of the TBG NS2 servers.
Approximate Date/Time that you were banned:
05/25/2013
Admin that banned you (If you remember):
Griff
If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for:
Because I listened to a team request for a recycle and the admin disagreed. I brought the game to an end a whooping 2 minutes sooner then if it was left to its own devices.
Any additional comments you would like to add?
This admin lacks the emotional maturity to be given this level of responsiblity. He uses his admin status to try and bully and intimidate the server population.
This is directed for members and/or guests. Do not respond to ban appeal threads. Any posts that comes from anyone else will have their posts deleted.
-

Firstly, you were warned that recycling was against the rules, so I kicked you. Recycling is unaccecptable. As a team it is not up to one person whether or not the game is over, maybe you didn't know, which is why I warned you. Then you come back and are asked if you understand this rule, but instead of acknowledging this you give some two-bit smart-ass response. You did not follow the rules nor did you understand them so you were banned. Period.

"Firstly, you were warned that recycling was against the rules, so I kicked you"

Thats not correct, Griff. You said don't recycle, not that recycling was violating the rules. I recommend you don't lie to reinforce your position. And you kicked me after a new game started so what exactly did you accomplish?

"Recycling is unaccecptable."

Recycling is a legitimate mechanism in the game. Would you kick someone who comming and went crag hive first when you wanted shift? That is essentially what you did in this instance.

"As a team it is not up to one person whether or not the game is over, maybe you didn't know, which is why I warned you."

I had 4 other people, not including myself, who said that they wanted to recycle. You were the only one who, over voice and text chat, that protested. You never in any way said that I was violating the server rules by recycling.

"Then you come back and are asked if you understand this rule, but instead of acknowledging this you give some two-bit smart-ass response."

I re-entered the game at which point you said to me, "Do you understand now?". Having never heard you discuss the rules and having no context to your comment you appeared to be, and still appear to be, trolling. In the future I recommend you don't rely on voice chat to exercise your admin duties as someone can easily mute you or be in a completely different channel team wise. You may have very well been explaining yourself in the RR when I was already on the marine team. Did you check the team layout to see if I was even able to hear you?

"You did not follow the rules nor did you understand them so you were banned. Period."

You banned me out of petty rage, nothing more or nothing less. The fact that you need to lie on your own forums to reinforce your position simply compounds this.

Admins should not be exercising their powers over the games outcome. Which is exactly what you attempted to do.

I would have banned you too.

You break the rules and you come back angry that we are enforcing them.

Commanders under no circumstances are allowed to recycle, that is one rule we enforce. IF you dont like the rule play somewhere else.

Im sorry but you are in no position to tell us how to run our servers.

Thanks

"You break the rules and you come back angry that we are enforcing them."

I came back angry because your peer did not discuss the rule violation with me as he states. Unless he considers talking to himself as a rule discussion, then perhaps he did.

"Commanders under no circumstances are allowed to recycle, that is one rule we enforce. IF you dont like the rule play somewhere else."

And where are these rules outlined? I can't find them on your forums. Are they in your MOTD on the server itself. Their existance beyond the normal no racism and no exploiting is new to me.

I stated in my message to you when I kicked you that recycling was against the rules, however I was unaware that the client being kicked would not see the message, Hence me asking you do you understand now. But once again I reiterate that we don't allow recycling for the purpose of ending the match, and you still clearly want to justify that you were right for doing so. We don't allow people to recycle and end the round, even when at least ONE person doesn't want to, and in this case I know I wasn't the only one. The vote concede as well as the F4 functions suffice.

"Would you kick someone who comming and went crag hive first when you wanted shift? That is essentially what you did in this instance."
Using this as a comparison and an argument to proceed to kick/ban some one is just utterly stupid, and it holds absolutely no weight in this situation. It just shows your desperation to TRY to prove a point, that just isn't right.

Don't insult me by coming into our servers and forums and telling me how to admin, and calling me a liar. Of course you will get banned when you say "you're a fucking retard" to an admin that just explained the rule that you have broken. You can keep trying to spin things your way but the fact is the ban will remain. And for future reference don't mouth off to an admin for enforcing server rules.

Griff

George either abide by our server rules or don't play in our servers. Agree to that and I'm sure we can remove your ban. If you continue to argue about it, then we'll keep the ban in place and you can find another server.

I will reiterate the sequence of events as I understand them.

1. Someone on marines requested that we recycle.
2. I hopped into the CC and initated the recycle and said "recycling" over voice chat.
3. You use your voice chat to say, "Don't recycle".
4. The recycle cycles and the buildings disappear.
5. Marines get overrun.
6. New game starts.
7. You kick me. The console prompt says "Kicked."
8. I type retry into console.
9. I rejoin the server and the autojoin puts me on the same team as you.
10. You voice chat "Do you understand now?"
11. I reply that "I understand that you're a fucking retard", and get into the CC.
12. You threaten to ban me and I recommend that you do if you kick people for no reason.
13. I'm banned and the console returns "Kicked." again.

Please insert in that sequence of events the points where we discussed rules, recycling and what you intended to do.

I also encourage you to take one of the other admins, kick him and enter in a "reason" and see that it doesn't show up. You evidently have no understanding of the NS2 engine.

George either abide by our server rules or don't play in our servers. Agree to that and I'm sure we can remove your ban. If you continue to argue about it, then we'll keep the ban in place and you can find another server.

I will abide by your servers rules now that someones taken the time to explain their scope.

Clearly you do not understand given your previous post. Ban remains. Can a Head Admin please lock this thread.

I will reiterate the sequence of events as I understand them.

1. Someone on marines requested that we recycle.
2. I hopped into the CC and initated the recycle and said "recycling" over voice chat.
3. You use your voice chat to say, "Don't recycle".
4. The recycle cycles and the buildings disappear.
5. Marines get overrun.
6. New game starts.
7. You kick me. The console prompt says "Kicked."
8. I type retry into console.
9. I rejoin the server and the autojoin puts me on the same team as you.
10. You voice chat "Do you understand now?"
11. I reply that "I understand that you're a fucking retard", and get into the CC.
12. You threaten to ban me and I recommend that you do if you kick people for no reason.
13. I'm banned and the console returns "Kicked." again.

Please insert in that sequence of events the points where we discussed rules, recycling and what you intended to do.

I also encourage you to take one of the other admins, kick him and enter in a "reason" and see that it doesn't show up. You evidently have no understanding of the NS2 engine.

Coming into our backyard picking a fight, belittling our admins that pay for the server will not get you unbanned. Use your damn brain.

Locked.

While we are happy to comply with the deletion request its worth nothing it doesn't keep the information off our servers or any one else's. Just food for thought any time you use a website.

The email address was logged by the mail server when the registration email was sent out. The IP address along with os and browser info is logged in the web servers logs. The steam I'd and IP address are logged by the game server. Deleting a forum account removes it from the database but the evidence isn't really gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back