COD 4
Server name that you were banned on:
TDM All Perks [TBG]
Approximate Date/Time that you were banned:
23:30 on 02/25/13
Admin that banned you (If you remember):
No idea
If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for:
I really don't know. I was having a hard time controlling my avatar, but don't know if it was because I was stuck in a glitch or my mouse batteries were dying. I didn't see any warning or message on the screen, I was just suddenly banned, and I'm unsure why. I've never been kicked or banned before, and have only been playing COD 4 for a few weeks.
Any additional comments you would like to add?
I'm a play-by-the-rules kind of guy, and if I violated one, it was unintentional, or I was unaware that I was committing a violation. I'm not sure why I was just banned, and at the very least I'd like to know why. I enjoy playing on the TBG servers, and would like to come back.
This is directed for members and/or guests. Do not respond to ban appeal threads. Any posts that comes from anyone else will have their posts deleted.
-

I banned you. Clearly you shot me through thick smoke headshot while I was hiding. I saw what you did through deathcam and I couldn't even see myself when you shot me. Then I looked you up and found 4 prior pbbans. So you are not welcome in our server.

And you got a ton of GUID.

Untitled.jpg

Well, I'm at a loss. There was a lot of smoke in the game right before I was banned, and I was just shooting through the smoke. If I saw a few guys running in one direction before the smoke popped, I sent a few rounds after them. I must have gotten lucky - or unlucky in this case. I can't believe I was banned for that.

As far as the pbbans and GUID, I don't really know what they are. I have only owned COD4 for a few months, since I finally got a new Mac. My old computer was a business laptop with no real graphic card and I could not play games on it. I've used that since 2006. So whomever the Hamish was you banned before, I guess it is a case of mistaken identity. All those years listed I didn't even own a gaming device. I finally feel like I'm catching up with a game that came out a few years ago, and get banned. Hamish is hardly an uncommon name after all.

I will have to look into your ban further then. It's possible someone may have taken your name or something given the IPs are different.

As for your lucky kills, i am still not convinced but I don't have any concrete to prove it now that it might not be you with the prior pb bans (which is why I banned you for not the lucky kills). Give me a day to look into this.

Thank you for taking the time to look further into this. Just to support my case, I'm attaching a copy of my COD4 purchase receipt from iTunes. I saw the game on sale for $7.99 (can't beat that price) on 11/19/12 and downloaded it. I never played COD4 prior to then. COD4 Receipt.jpg

after further review I have lifted your ban. I am not sure how you name is linked to pbbans but the IPs were not linked to you.

That is great news. Thank you for taking the time to see this through, it is appreciated.

Out of curiosity, what is a GUID? I think pbbans are Punk Buster bans, but I don't know what a GUID is. Is there any way to disassociate myself from that information you had a snapshot of above?

Change your alias. As you said it is a rather common name across the world.

One more question. I've tried to rejoin the game. I don't get the 'banned' message any more, but now when I attempt to join the server, I get a "Server Disconnected" message and remain unable to join the game. Is this a problem on my end, or on your end? I'm not sure what to do about this.

I've seen that message before. I don't think you are banned. I checked and you are not on the ban list

So if I use my "Hamish" profile, I get the "server disconnected" message. So I created a new profile, and have no problem getting onto the server with the new profile. I haven't tried any other servers - I'll have to look for one. But it seems strange that one profile will work and another will not. Same ISP I'd imagine.

Don't use Hamish name anyway. That name is banned on pbbans. Use another alias.

Sent from my LG-P880g using Tapatalk 2

Back