ATI Demonstrates Eyefinity

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/103552/A..._Next_Act_at_Experience_Events_Worldwide.html

<object width=&quot;560&quot; height=&quot;340&quot;><param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/mzGtxlaPQqY&hl=en&fs=1&&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;></param><embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/mzGtxlaPQqY&hl=en&fs=1&&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;560&quot; height=&quot;340&quot;></embed></object>

Thats cool but the problem I always have with gaming on multiple displays is the black outline of the actual monitor. It just throws me off my game.

Yep... the only thing which would have stopped me from purchasing a triplehead2go (digital) - if I had the money and wanted to bother with the experimental idea - is the fucking huge bezels at the edges of monitors.

I was specifically looking for 3 1600x1200 monitors to see if I could find anything with the smallest bezel possible, but they all have huge bezels.

Hopefully this concept picks up and people start making small or no-bezel monitors (which would be ideal) and... then you can actually get a perfect triple-monitor setup.

It would rock.

I'm not sure if there is any electronics in the bezels. I think it's possible to make a bezel-less monitor easily, but it's just that for security (so you don't damage the monitor) and for looks (most people don't use a triple-monitor system with flowing images really and a frame looks better with one monitor only) bezels actually do make sense.

As far as engineering goes, I don't think it would be more costly or cause major pain to remove the bezels... it's just that there's so little demand for it that manufacturers don't wanna do it.

If you are in the marketing department in a monitor place though, you might be able to make some serious cash from enthusiasts marketing bezelless monitors when ATI makes this idea (triple or sexta(?lulz)-monitor setup) a bit more prominent in the media than Matrox ever did with their triplehead2go...

Even then though... people who would buy 3 monitors to game are probably a lot less than 1% of the general or even gaming population :-/

I hope nvidia follows. BTW I think the matrox division that's responsible for triplehead2go is shitting their pants right now and looking for jobs...

Why don't you just go buy a 42&quot; monitor and paint some black lines on it. (6) 22&quot; monitors and all the cables...pain it the ass; plus, power consumption.

3 x 42'' monitors = epic win?

The resolution for that would be hmmm 5760x1080. I believe SLI would come in handy for that here :-D.

a 55&quot; panoramic monitor would be sweet. a little curve to the left and right :eek:

3 x 55&quot; panoramic monitors would be better :-D

LULZ I'll stop now... but you get the point I guess :-D

One thing about triplehead2go and now ATI's whateveritscalled is that it is usually MUCH cheaper to buy 3 x regular monitors than one uberexpensive panoramic or whatever other high-end monitor - and the 3 monitors next to each other sometimes turn out to be a larger area / panoramic effect altogether... if it weren't for the damn bezels.

just start gutting the monitors you want to use and make your own 1 piece bezel that all 3 fit in seamlessly

[quote1252819023=Frit0z]
just start gutting the monitors you want to use and make your own 1 piece bezel that all 3 fit in seamlessly
[/quote1252819023]

Yeah, but then you'll expose the electronics/circuits inside and it'd be one hell of a project to build some kind of an enclosure yourself without bezels... and it will never look as good as the original anyway.

Some damn manufacturer should pick up that people will need these and start making monitors without bezels at all... that would be the best.

[quote1252869852=Misiek]
Thats cool but the problem I always have with gaming on multiple displays is the black outline of the actual monitor. It just throws me off my game.
[/quote1252869852]

I have to agree. They really need to come up with a solution. Perhaps a screen that came to the very edge.

Back