ASUS Designs Own Monster Dual-GTX 285 4 GB Graphics Card

IDK what's so monster about it, it's still just a dual GTX 285... IMO just one GTX 285 is enough for 99% of people anyway lollz (and all games but stalker: shadow of chernobyl and crysis)...

It like when NVIDIA had the 7950 GX2 was out. It only boosted a little bit. Not enough to be worth buying it. I bought it because my card was two generations old. When SLI came out about the same time as that card. It boosted frames up to or close to 35%.

SLI isn't worth the extra money IMO. :|.

Before I knew more about SLI. I thought it about doubled in power. When I found more about it. It wasn't worth spending double the money for an upgrade. Just for 35%.

my 8600's in SLI werent great. i m considering making love to m gtx 260 tho.

Yeah, SLI only scales close to double in certain situations (mostly very high resolutions - read at or above 2560x1920 or 16xQAA and so forth...).

In most situations, you'd be far better off buying a more powerful single card.

Asus Mars GTX 295 8GB SLI Runs Far Cry 2 2160p

Have the need for speed? Check out the Asus Mars GTX 295, which its maker claims to be the fastest video card on the planet at the current moment. It set the world record in 3DMark with a score of X25057 just before Computex, and now it’s basking in all its glory at the show.

Asus had these running Far Cry 2 at the show at a mind (and monitor) blowing resolution of 3840 x 2160. Put two of them together for a quad-SLI setup with 8 GB of graphics memory.

I think this was done at E3. Video and demo of the specs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQe6BKjgyMc

Back