Appealing my ban

IDlockers

Ethinic words & Racial slurs will not be lifted. We don't care why or with who you used it with. Only in a unique situation a ban such as this may be lifted,false positives for example. Donations for ban lift not offered

What is your in game ALIAS(es):* SLF-identity

Which game is it?:* Battlefield 4

Your Steam ID:

Server name that you were banned on** TBG 24/7 Operation Locker

Approximate Date/Time that you were banned** 9/9/2017 3:00 AM EST

Admin that banned you (If you remember)

If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for. Accidental racial slur / misunderstanding

Any additional comments you would like to add? In my experience a "beaner" is a HAM radio user who constantly keys a repeater, meaning that they don't transmit but simply press the MIC button w/o speaking. No idea this was racial slur, sorry

FYI: Causing trouble during your ban appeal may extend your ban to all our servers. You've been warned.
And again deliberate slurs will NEVER BE LIFTED including any attempt to troll or test the filter. We dont care or why. Our house our rules! The rules and punishment in the server are very clear. Only false positives or legit context will be lifted.
Yes

This is directed for everyone. Do not respond to ban appeal threads unless you are able to provide pertinent information (or assist the situation), admin involved and/or banned player.

I wasn't the party using the name, I quoted the guy above me and lauged at it beause I thought I had gotten the reference. HAM is a pretty niche thing.

I'm calling bullshit on your excuse, but a head admin will make the decision.

I pulled the chat logs, and the context in which you used it is obvious. Someone typed in Spanish, , then got called a beaner right after, and you chimed in immediately. There was no delay in your reply to text chat whatsoever. Very creative with the HAM excuse, but no audio was involved in this scenario. Nice try.

Sep 9, 2017 2:03:51 am 76
89fa43998e015b118a0e0ecd94cb815a

SLF-identity "beaner" lmao
Sep 9, 2017 2:03:46 am 3,895
battlelog_default_avatar_32.png

[ISIS] sittingmarine stfu beaner
Sep 9, 2017 2:03:41 am 82
battlelog_default_avatar_32.png

[AZTK] R0NQUIT0 mmmmmm ni porque estaban los PRO CON NOSOTROS

@Irishian88J @Iguanidon

Well, as stated, I thought I had picked up on the reference hence the "quotations" and typed too quickly. Clearly my mistake but I'll stand by it being as such because I have nothing against RON or the [AZTK] community and we squad up all the time. Without a doubt there is not a single chat log in which I'm being racist towards them and I encourage you or any head admin to dig deep because I'm not that kind of person.

With all due respect, whether you call BS on it or not, I was licensed years ago and possess a valid FCC license with proper call sign for the region. I'm not going to waste my time to prove the lingo which varies on the air anyways, so if the head admin seriously is disgruntled by my mistaken chuckle then I'll let it be and play on other servers.

That being said, I recently made this account on TBG to try to help the 24/7 lockers server in general as the reporting in chat has gotten to me overtime so I decided to get on here and try to help out, ex:

https://www.tbgclan.com/threads/reporting-a-player.49394/#post-311813
https://www.tbgclan.com/threads/reporting-a-player.49420/#post-311944

Both of which were made with the intent to help out. I've played on TBG since the beginning and would like to continue.

Thanks,
Elliot

To give you the benefit of the doubt, I actually spent well over an hour looking for Beaner in HAM radio and Amateur Radio lingo this afternoon, and even watched a few boring videos on YouTube as well. I found no such reference.

The only references to beaner on Google relate to racial slurs for Mexican and Latino people, which is the situation at hand. We have zero tolerance for racism on TBG servers, even for our own founders and admins. It's our cardinal rule.

Again, I'll leave this to a head admin, but this isn't my first rodeo. I've spent a lot of time today looking to see if I made a bad call, and found nothing to back up your claim. It looks pretty obvious to me, it wasn't HAM radio he was talking about. It immediately followed a person from Mexico typing in his native language. Sorry for being inflexible on this, but I just don't buy it.

Last edited:
Damn you’re right, something isn’t adding up here. I have been on a bit of a hiatus from HAM radio and have completely mismatched some sort of terminology here too. I can’t find anything about it either online.

I reacted too quickly early in the morning thinking I had found a rare fellow experienced HAM operator. I suppose the ban still holds then seeing I did quote the word, but I would still appreciate it if the admin took a look at my situation as I meant no harm to RON and am normally more careful about context before pressing “enter”. I keep the chat hidden until I press J so I suppose my only excuse there if there was squad / team chat which interfered with RON's message.

It is incredible what a lack of sleep can do to a brain. I’ve been on total mental overdrive evacuating myself, friends, and family out of Florida, and I suppose it caught up to me. Sorry for the trouble. And yes, HAM radio videos are intensely boring, sorry you had to sit through that.

Hope that you and your family and friends stay safe.

We will review this. Thank you.

After reviewing this appeal, we have decided to keep this ban. Our other servers are still available to you, just not this one anymore. Keep in mind that if a repeat offense happens it till result in an all server ban.

Thank you for your patience,

~Irish

Back