Appealing my ban

Wurmwuud

Which game is it?:* Battlefield 4

Your Steam ID:

Server name that you were banned on** ## TBGclan.com = BATTLEFIELD 3 & BATTLEFIELD 2 MAPS|NO LAG ##

Approximate Date/Time that you were banned** 10:10 AM 4/9/2017 (CST)

Admin that banned you (If you remember) : automatic filter I think

If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for. Using racial slur.

We had just finished a round on Caspian Border, I was gunning for a pilot who was doing an awesome job. As the round ended, I typed "nice flying, gr" (gr for "good run"), and a message popped up saying I was banned for using a racial slur. It's possible I may have hit a typo, wasn't really looking at the chat window, but if I did, it was honestly a mistake.

Found it

Apr 9, 2017 10:05:04 am nice flyinig, gr

@Ghstops6

1200 connects on that server alone...I'd shy away from typing 'GR' for great run

Last edited:
Found it

Apr 9, 2017 10:05:04 am nice flyinig, gr

@Ghstops6

1200 connects on that server alone...I'd shy away from typing 'GR' for great run
Yes, this is, by far, my favorite server. I like the admins as well as the "regulars". Is "GR" some racial thing I'm not aware of? I believe I've seen others besides myself use this abbreviation often (usuallly as "Good Round" or "good run"). Anyway, I will definitely refrain from using it, I just don't recognize the racial overtones. So...does this mean my ban will be lifted?

Yes, this is, by far, my favorite server. I like the admins as well as the "regulars". Is "GR" some racial thing I'm not aware of? I believe I've seen others besides myself use this abbreviation often (usuallly as "Good Round" or "good run"). Anyway, I will definitely refrain from using it, I just don't recognize the racial overtones. So...does this mean my ban will be lifted?
Ok, I actually read the the entry from the log. I said "nice flyinig, gr". I get it now, this was an honest typo...meant "nice flying". Hope you don't hold this against me.

Well, I'm saying because on the surface, it looks like you just put a comma between the slur. GR by itself... is fine.
I don't even type good Night anymore

I believe what actually tripped the racial filter was when you spelled flying with NIG instead of ING, but the whole sequence of nig, gr was a disaster waiting to happen.

"nice flyinig, gr"

@ChromeLightsaber and a head admin will get you squared away, please be patient.

edit: I type too slowly. Looks like you're already good to go. Damn these guys are fast. :)

K, thanks. I will keep an eye open for an update. BTW, great server. I know several of us BF4 hold outs (tried BF1, "meh") view this as one of the last good servers to play on.

Back