Appealing my ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

rluttrell

Ethinic/ Relgious word & Racial slurs will not be lifted. We don't care why or with who you used it with. Only in a unique situation a ban such as this may be lifted. False positives for example. Regarding to ban appeals, offering donations, although appreciated, will NOT help your appeal.

What is your in game ALIAS(es):* rluttrell

Which game is it?:* Battlefield 4

Your Steam ID:

Server name that you were banned on** -|TBG|- ALL BF4 RUSH-30 MAPS | NO LAG - HIGH TICK | TBGCLAN.COM

Approximate Date/Time that you were banned** 12/22/2014 22:30

Admin that banned you (If you remember)

If possible, the reason that you might have got banned for "Carlitos can jew make room in your squad?"

Any additional comments you would like to add? I didn't mean jew as an offensive word. It is the same as the word Christian, and there are other derogatory words for jewish people. However, I do agree to not say jew on your server in the future

This is directed for everyone. Do not respond to ban appeal threads unless you are able to provide pertinent information (or assist the situation), admin involved and/or banned player.

[22:29:36] rluttrell - Attackers > carlitos can jew kick that random?

HA call on this one but we usually do not make any exceptions for racial slurs as you can see by the yellow highlighted colored text in the form!

I understand but I didn't know it was a racial slur, had no intentions to offend anybody, and am about 99% sure that society does not view it as an offensive word, but I still am willing to never say it again on your server. That leaves the chances of me saying an offensive word at about 0%, which I assume is the reason you have a zero tolerance policy regarding bigotry. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ethnic words is where this word falls into and stated in the yellow highlighted portion of form which you filled out we do not tolerate at all.

This is not an offensive word to people. There is a group of people who practice judaism. They call themselves and are called by society "jews" just as people who practice Christianity are called "christians." By your logic, the words "American" and "Frenchman" should be banned. If I were Jewish myself, I would be extremely offended to have the word banned on a server. Imagine playing on a foreign server where you can't even say the word "American." I am still willing to respect your rules by not using the word on your server if the ban is lifted.

To be honest I really don't know, and I also don't know why I called my friend Carlitos. But you can tell by the context and the fact that my score was 0-0 that I had jus entered the game, and was therefore not using the word in spite after being killed.

I have also been on a lot of other servers besides the tbg server. I joined on a platoon member because my TeamSpeak friendies were in the game, and I didn't look at the server page beforehand. I'm sure there is some sort of warning on racial slurs when one enters the game, but I must have missed it. (Even though today Jews don't recognize the term "Jew" as a slur or associate any negative connotation with the word, but that is beside the point.) I can assure you I am not stupid enough to come on a server that I have demonstrated I care this much about being a part of, only to toss out a word in the first minute that I know will get me banned. I appreciate everybody's time on this thread.

we do not debate the term, only its usage. you have been on the server way more then 11 times. yet you act like its you first time. and you used it in a derogatory way.

denied.
topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back