Anything else available?

KombatNife

Well, I brought the Beretta 92FS Inox, and I like the gun a lot, I like the weight and the grip and everything. However it has a fixed dove tail. I shot it many times and found it shooting 3-4 inches low. So I replaced the rear sight with an adjustable iron sight. Still haven't sight it in yet, but I expect to shoot much better.

Now I have a question, are there any other attachments for the 92? I went over to my friends place (the guy have 93 guns) anyway he showed me few of his pistols, and I really like the high vis front sights, but the only way for me to get that for the 92 is to bring to a gun smith and basically saw off the front sight and replace it with something else....

LaserMax: Internal Laser Sights for Beretta & Taurus

When I was in the military we carried the Berreta. I initially did what you are doing replacing iron sights but I found the best way to go was a laser sight. the ones they had back then were bulky but the new developments in laser tech over the past 10-15 years has been substantial.

The one I linked blinks and does not hold a solid laser which I found that on my other weapons it was nice to have the blinking as it makes it easier to find the laser when fast targeting.

Reduce your trigger pull speed by a second or 2 and see if you are making adjustments for kickback ect... some people have issues with over correcting or putting a death grip on the weapon.

I looked at that option as well, however there are few shortcomings

The primary purpose of the 92 is for target shooting, I'm not sure if the laser is against the rules during competition, and even if the laser were to work, it's limited to 5 mw, during a bright day, you can't see that at all.

I've tried various techniques to make sure it wasn't my grip before I had the sight replaced, I put it on a sandbag and shoot it in single action mode, still shoot low.... I didn't get a chance to sight in the gun today, but I'll let u know how it shoots tomorrow once I sight it in.

Not very familiar with the 92 because I was never a Beretta fan. But will tell you from past experience that if you go Hi-Vis, don't settle for cheap in the beginning or you'll just pay more later, anyway. Go with tritium right off the bat.

It's been a long time since I've shopped around, sold off my collection when my son was born back in '97. But back then I would've told ya to look at Trijicon. They have a pretty sweet and simple series for Beretta pistols, but I don't know how much modification is required.

Based on what you've said, ya might want to hit up the local shop and ask them cause this sounds like it might be a real custom job. ( Unless you're good at this sort of thing, yourself, in which case then I admire your skills. )

Regardless of the sights you choose. Do not attempt this by yourself please. Take it to a shop. You could also have another experienced competitor shoot it and see what he/she thinks. It could be any number of things to be honest.

Now I have a question, are there any other attachments for the 92? I went over to my friends place (the guy have 93 guns) anyway he showed me few of his pistols, and I really like the high vis front sights, but the only way for me to get that for the 92 is to bring to a gun smith and basically saw off the front sight and replace it with something else....

a few questions: 1. was it a pre-owned gun? - if so, how many rounds did the previous owner put through it? 2. Which Ammunition do you use? the 92 can be finicky with ammunition. We had a couple on the rifle team, and we had to go through a few boxes of different shit to see what each gun/shooter liked the best.

For civilian 9mm rounds it used to be pretty hard to beat Federal's Hydra-Shock, Winchester's SXT, and Remigntion's Golden Saber. For non-civilians...

Anyway, now that Lex brought it up, I'm just a little curious if they've been able improve on basic ammo in the civilian market since then or if things actually topped out for that market about 15 years ago.

Back