Anybody with Leveono laptop recommend them?

sixer9682

I know at least one of you has used a Leveno, Bot, I think, and I'm wondering what your thoughts on them are for reliability, durability, battery life, etc.

And.....How do you like it? Is it reliable, durable, how's the battery life? Any problems with it so far?

And.....How do you like it? Is it reliable, durable, how's the battery life? Any problems with it so far?

I love it so far(NP5165). Battery life is about 3.5 hours unless you have the discreet video card is on, then its a lil over 2 hours I think. Seems to be durable enough. Mine kicks out alot of heat though. Its only issue is that the speakers are kind of meh. But the model I got was meant to be the bridge between gaming machine and light/weight battery life. The next model has better speakers and shorter batter life.

http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-clevo-sager-notebooks-ct-95_51_162.html

Whats nice about the Sager is that I can turn on and off the video card for gaming whenever I need it. So if im just browsing the web or typing a paper, then I leave it off and get better battery life.

Nice to know, Bot. Thanks. Here's what I'm looking at right now.

ThinkPad W530
Processor: Intel Core i7-3820QM Processor (8M Cache,up to 3.70 GHz)
Operating system: Genuine Windows 7 Professional (64bit)
Windows XP Mode: Windows 7 XP Mode - English
Display type: 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) LED Backlit AntiGlare Display, Mobile Broadband Ready
System graphics: NVIDIA Quadro K1000M Graphics with 2GB DDR3 Memory
Total memory: 8 GB PC3-12800 DDR3 (2 DIMM)
Keyboard: Keyboard Backlit - US English
Pointing device: UltraNav with Fingerprint Reader
Camera: 720p HD Camera with Microphone
Hard drive: 1TB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm
Optical device: 2nd 500GB HDD, 7200rpm with Bay Adapter
System expansion
slots:
Express Card Slot & 4-in-1 Card Reader
Battery: 9 Cell Li-Ion TWL 70++
Power cord: 170W Slim AC Adapter - US (2pin)
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0 with Antenna
Integrated WiFi
wireless LAN
adapters:
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 AGN
Integrated mobile
broadband:
Mobile Broadband upgradable
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 - NA English
Accessories and options:
Photo Explosion - ( v. 4.0 ) - complete package - 1user - Win
ThinkPad In-Ear Headphones
ThinkPad Battery 28++ (9 Cell Slice - T410/20/30, T510/20/30, W510/20/30)
Mini Dock Plus Series 3 with USB 3.0 - 170W (US/Can/LA)
ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse
Lenovo Sport Slimcase
ThinkPad 15W Case Sleeve
Kensington Twin Head Cable Lock from Lenovo
Lenovo mini-DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/perksoffer/StdAffinityP...
1 of 1 7/27/2012 11:26 AM

Lenovo is just the name that IBM sold operations to. Nearly every company has some Asian business designing and building for them anyways. Every model is a different story though with a common manufacturer comes comon problems.

Sagers are mostly rebranded Clevo's. They do not come with an OS and if you want decent support they are best bought from a reseller than directly.

Whats nice about the Sager is that I can turn on and off the video card for gaming whenever I need it. So if im just browsing the web or typing a paper, then I leave it off and get better battery life.

That (for nvidia dedicated) is called Optimus and has nothing to do with Sager, available even on a Mac. Feature last i checked doesn't work under linux and Linus Torvolds is still slamming them for it.

What exactly are you looking to do with the laptop?

I bought one similar to this one
Newegg.com - Refurbished: ASUS G74 Series G74SX-BBK9 Notebook Intel Core i7 2670QM(2.20GHz) 17.3" 8GB Memory 1TB HDD DVD?R/RW NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
over a year ago for when I deployed, so I could game and it's been great.

Only complaint I had with it was the sound was very low at first, but it was only because it needed an extra program to get the mini-sub working in it, and now it sounds awesome for a laptop.

Specs: ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS G74SX

What exactly are you looking to do with the laptop?[/QUOTE

It's for my wife. She needs it for business and photos and video editing. She takes an assload of 18MP photos-that consume drive space like crazy. It has to have a built in mic and camera and a docking station, and she wants extra battery for it too.

Lenovo is just the name that IBM sold operations to. Nearly every company has some Asian business designing and building for them anyways. Every model is a different story though with a common manufacturer comes comon problems.

Sagers are mostly rebranded Clevo's. They do not come with an OS and if you want decent support they are best bought from a reseller than directly.

That (for nvidia dedicated) is called Optimus and has nothing to do with Sager, available even on a Mac. Feature last i checked doesn't work under linux and Linus Torvolds is still slamming them for it.

I know, but I don't know which brands it is used on. Sager I'm sure of.

holy shit 18MP photos!!! guess I'm just not in to photography, and just use my phone or point and shoot camera.. but damn

I'm not to positive.. but don't dedicated video cards help with processing video/image editing? I would automatically recommend an i7 proc for video editing with 6-8+ ram.

but whatever laptop you do decide to get.. make sure you partition half or more of the hard drive just for the images or video, since it takes up a lot of space and won't mess with the booting part of the OS.
that's why i got the laptop i posted.. because it has 2 hard drive bays and you can store all your stuff in one and the other i threw a 120GB SSD in it for the OS.

I'm not to positive.. but don't dedicated video cards help with processing video/image editing? I would automatically recommend an i7 proc for video editing with 6-8+ ram.

Which he went with an i7 and Quadro. Just about any decent Nvidia unit will help out with video and image editing. Quadro is probably a bit overkill. I would recommend it to people doing CAD.

18 MP is upper end of average these days. Current tech can put 100 MP in a consumer SLR easily with Nokia already having a 64 MP phone. But its a bad thing, smaller photosites = less contrast, higher heat which in turns equals worse noise. Each generation counters these problems a little and we see a steady stream of improvements. Not to mention stiching panorama's with any camera the pixel count on a photo gets up there and editing it takes power.

18 MP is upper end of average these days. Current tech can put 100 MP in a consumer SLR easily with Nokia already having a 64 MP phone. But its a bad thing, smaller photosites = less contrast, higher heat which in turns equals worse noise. Each generation counters these problems a little and we see a steady stream of improvements. Not to mention stiching panorama's with any camera the pixel count on a photo gets up there and editing it takes power.

I wasn't thinking as I typed that, then realized my phone has an 8MP camera.
Good to know, thanks.

I wasn't thinking as I typed that, then realized my phone has an 8MP camera.
Good to know, thanks.

Yeah my phone is 8 as well. My last point and shoot was 8 that was like 2007. My dSLR is 10, its from 2008. Megapixels does not equal quality, though it does equal more detail. A good sensor design and capable optics determine the rest of the worth of those pixels. Actual photography is of course all about the light, my dSLR can make cruddy pictures like a point and shoot, bounce a strobe off a reflector and all of a sudden you have magic.

When you start cropping is where anyone will care about MP count. You want to crop a photo and still make an 8x10, better have some pixels to work with. Magazine editors want way high resolution for covers. But its when you start shooting photo's for billboards things become a problem. You have to start using high end interpolation algorithms that look good at a distance or buy into a medium format camera. Full frame dSLR's are on their way into the 24-30 MP range now though.

Six what does she shoot with? T3i was 18 MP and the 60D (GREAT CAMERA!) was 18.1. 7D is awesome as well if your already invested in EF-S lenses. I went Nikon and now I can't afford to upgrade, should have gone Canon or Pentax. I was going to go Pentax because I had autofocus K lenses from my film cameras and now that I sold all that off we have a Pentax shooter in the house lol.

Back