Any thoughts on this deal for building/buying a gaming pc.

amarua

Hello all, so i been planning to build a PC to play battlefield 4 and BF1 when it comes out. I currently play bf4 on a supermicro MB H8 smi something with 4 gigs of memory and 750 ti but have low FPS 40-50 on a good day. I've been researching for parts and advice for the build but i saw this deal on a dell inspiron with a r9 video card for under 600 dollars. http://www.techbargains.com/dell-inspiron-3000-deals. My budget was about $600-700 U.S and i was going to reuse my 750 ti in the build until x-mas or thereafter to buy a new card, but after i came across this techbargains deal I thought it would suffice for BF1. if you could provide any thoughts please do if not i'll have to rely on Gart's advice for my PC build. Thanks all and see you on the battlefield.

Pre built can be nice for several reasons, warranty offered on top of manufacturer warranty and don't have to build/oc yourself.

As for that build, no. Dells suck and i would only suggest pre built if you go with cyber power or digital storm. As quickly tech changes you want to buy something that'll last you a couple years.

What's your $$ limit and any parts you (i.e. Ram, hdd, case) want to reuse and I'm sure you'll get several options better than that dell.

For around 500, (I think it was 482.XX and change for shipping or something) I was able to redo my entire system, moving from an i7 930 and 24 GB of RAM to an i7-6700k w/ 32 GB RAM and a new case. Already had the video card and SSD from my old system, moved over. Might be worth a shot to just play around with items in your shopping cart at Newegg or Amazon to see what you can come up with.

I'm seconding (thirding?) building it yourself. You can find great videos on YT on building it yourself, or ask for help around here.

Even if you can't do it yourself because you don't know how, any good computer store can do it for you and sometimes for free if you buy the parts there. I think it worth it.

Sometimes you can find decent builds that just need a gpu upgrade, they're a little harder to find though. If you want i can help u find something, or help u build something :)

As I've told other people with the same situation, If you can look around on craigslist, you can normally find a Dell/HP PC with a I7 3770/4770 etc for sometimes under $300. I see them all the time for around $400. That will give you a nice base build and you can move the components to a new case and upgrade the PSU/GPU. It's the cheapest way to get a quality build going. THen as you get some extra $$, you can start buying a new MoBo/SSD etc. I've personally started a couple builds this way and you can't beat it. If you would like some help/advice with this, I will be more than happy to send you a PM and even look around your area for some PCs to consider. Good luck.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I think i'm going to lego it since i've always wanted to build a gaming PC. i had another dell and i couldnt fit my 750 ti into it so I think Dells are out of the question. That way i can brag if it all goes well wit the build. @Gart, that white case looks intimidating like Hal from out of Stanly's kubrick's film 2001. lol. Oh before i forget i was walking the dogs the other day and came across a 100 dollars on the street so now i can add another hundred bucks to my build. YAY! I'll let yall know as soon as I start the build.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I think i'm going to lego it since i've always wanted to build a gaming PC. i had another dell and i couldnt fit my 750 ti into it so I think Dells are out of the question. That way i can brag if it all goes well wit the build. @Gart, that white case looks intimidating like Hal from out of Stanly's kubrick's film 2001. lol. Oh before i forget i was walking the dogs the other day and came across a 100 dollars on the street so now i can add another hundred bucks to my build. YAY! I'll let yall know as soon as I start the build.
Nice! You wont regret going the build way. Congrats on the free money to lol..

Back