ALT+Tab

RimGreaper5000

I have WeGame on my pc. It worked for the whole time I was making those 3 vids. I've always had to start 2142 before WeGame so it would integrate and work. Now, for some reason. I start BF, ALT+Tab out start Wegame (running Vista so I run as Admin) and then when I ALT+Tab back in, BF stops responding.

It only does this with the recorder. Could there be a service(s) that is running, or not running that would make this happen. It seems specific to this app.

Any thoughts on this?

I've never used WeGame to record videos. I've always used FRAPS. The problem could be with the WeGame software.

Out of curiosity have you by chance deleted the movie files or any other files in the 2142 folder? You get the black screen when Alt Tabbing and you have deleted the movies. You can delete all the movies EXCEPT "Dice.bik" . This movie file is tied into ...............something that I can't remember right now, but if you look it up on Google you will find what it affects if you delete that movie.

I think you can leave any ".bik" that is at startup... that stupid intro movie even, and it should be OK, but it's been a while since I tried. Dice.bik is the shortest anyway, so it makes most sense to leave.

If there are no .bik's whatsoever to play at startup though, it just crashes at alt+tab 100% guaranteed.

I've found that even with dice.bik (and/or the other .bik's) intact, it still crashes occasionally. A bit less if you've gone to menu than if you alt+tabbed straight out of game.

It's just coded shittily... gotta live with it.

All the installer above does is extract the original dice.bik into the movies folder.

It has the EXACT same effect as erasing (or moving somewhere else) every .bik in the movies folder, except dice.bik... it's just a one-click installer. Kinda funny that you have to erase all the .bik's yourself though... but installers aren't really made to delete files lol.

Rim i turn User account control OFF in windows that way you dont have to wory about Runing as administrator...

Yeah when I got vista on my laptop to see what it's all about (and subsequently was very unimpressed) the first thing I did was turn UAC off. The feature is disturbingly stupid imo...

Thanks for all of the advice guys. However, I can alt+tab from BF with no problem when WeGame isn't running. But when I do run it.. that's when it locks up. This is why I thought there might be a service not running that it has dependencies on (i.e. Windows Image Acquisition has to be running) or a service that IS running that may cause a conflict (this seems less likely though).

Back