Alienware

Statistic68

Admin
Admin
Donator
So my Alienware just reached 1 month past 5 years old, and 1 month past warranty, and blew up. Won't even power on. I took the case off and there is an orange light on the motherboard when it's plugged in, and usb connected devices seem to be powered, but the power switch does nothing. I'm guessing bad motherboard?

On a side note though, does anyone else has the conspiracy thoughts like i have right now, when something dies like 2-4 weeks after warranty? Grrrr..

I would buy a power supply, or take one out of an old machine. I have seen where the usb ports are powered, but the different voltage for the board is absent and it won't boot.

Ok thanks. The problem with this is i don't have free parts for this. If I knew exactly which part I would just order it and replace it. Dell suggested the motherboard, but even they weren't sure. The things that came to my mind were, power switch, motherboard, power supply. I googled there is a way to "jump" the pins for the power switch. I could at least eliminate that. Need to find the time for this, because this R4 machine was still damn fast. However, I purchased an R8 today with

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready)
9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 9700K (8-Core, 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.6GHz across all cores)
850 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply with High Performance Liquid Cooling
32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2666MHz; up to 64GB
2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

Need to figure out though wth to do with the old machine, assuming I fix it and don't just use it for parts. I only need one gaming machine.

Disconnect everything from your motherboard. Jump the CMOS. Plug your power supply in and turn it on. If that doesn't work get a new psu, unplug all usb devices except mouse and see if that works.

Sorry to necro this but I was just thinking about my previous discussion about Monitors. Now that i'm upgrading to this NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready) , which 24 inch monitor gives me the best usage of the card?

Disconnect everything from your motherboard. Jump the CMOS. Plug your power supply in and turn it on. If that doesn't work get a new psu, unplug all usb devices except mouse and see if that works.

Had a client of mine call the other day. Dell 7010, orange power light flashing 2 short 1 long. Thats the prepost dc for a motherboard failure. I came in unplugged everything. 1 stick of ram, 24 and 4 pin power, power cord and monitor. Booted. Put it all back together. It's fine lol.

Back