add comanders in tbg bf 4 servers!

add comander

• yes

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • no

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Im down with it on the BF3 maps server. if anyone is asking me for my 2 cents. Just saying.

I have been a longtime player on TBG servers, and one of the main reasons is because they do not have Commander mode turned on.

When DICE first announced that Commander mode is going to return to Battlefield, I was quite happy. However, their implementation of the mode is quite terrible, to be honest.

The constant UAV, gunship, cruise missiles (which can kill you indoors) spam absolutely ruins the game. There is precisely one counter to a Commander's offensive abilities, and that is to capture flag assets. In theory that makes sense, in practice, it rarely ever works as intended, and it gets even worse if your team does not have a Commander. I played the Commander mode a few times, and I found it extremely boring, and that is not how I wish to spend my time playing Battlefield 4, so if a game is lopsided because the enemy side has the Commander and my team doesn't, I would never switch to playing as the Commander - because of the fact that it is not fun for me at all.

Take Lost Islands map for example. Capturing the C flag will give the Commander an airship. It becomes extremely unbalanced at this point because even if a jet on your team were destroy it, it can be spawned back within 60 seconds (used to be instantaneous!). DICE never fully developed the mode, and as it stands, it detracts from the game far too much.

If you are interested, here is a video of us successfully capturing the C flag and winning the round on Lost Islands -

Back