About to finally be able to afford the new setup!

I'll say this. I had the opportunity to get 4k monitors and 1440p monitors. 1440p you can run at more than twice the frame rate and they look very similar to the eye. I'd save your money until 4k can be used at high frame rate and super sampling. give it another generation or 2 on graphics cards and they might be ready. I am sorry 60hz is unpleasing to game on after being on 144hz gsync or freesync.

I'll say this. I had the opportunity to get 4k monitors and 1440p monitors. 1440p you can run at more than twice the frame rate and they look very similar to the eye. I'd save your money until 4k can be used at high frame rate and super sampling. give it another generation or 2 on graphics cards and they might be ready. I am sorry 60hz is unpleasing to game on after being on 144hz gsync or freesync.

Checking up on this. As of right now I'm holding off on buying anything other than the straight parts so I have time to browse around and check up on stuff. I'm going to Micro Center tomorrow after work and I'll see what they got going on over there. Appreciate the heads up!

The Asus monitor in the build I listed is 4k 100hz IPS. Probably as good as its going to get for awhile without dropping the cost of a car on a monitor. Considering its only a few $100 over the cost of a 144hz 1440p ips, seems good to me. Even though a few guys here run TN 1440p 144hz monitors, TN panels look like shit v IPS Imo.

Nice set up
It will Empty your bank account but will it make you a Better player

Checking up on this. As of right now I'm holding off on buying anything other than the straight parts so I have time to browse around and check up on stuff. I'm going to Micro Center tomorrow after work and I'll see what they got going on over there. Appreciate the heads up!
Micro center has the best deal on mobo plus cpu discounts.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

@Nameless Ranger if you're gonna drop that much dough on GPU's you are doing yourself a disfavor by not getting greater than 60hz monitors. I'm actually shocked no one has said this. For FPS 144hz has been completely lifechanging and I would downgrade any single one of these components to upgrade the monitor. Additionally, since cash isn't an issue, go for a G-sync monitor.

If it were an ideal world I would have a 27" 1440p/144hz G-sync monitor next to a 24" 1080p/60hz monitor in portrait for TS and redditting.

Back