A little about myself

DragKnee

I met a few of you earlier in Teamspeak and had a few good rounds, now I figure it's time to let you guys get to know me a bit more...

As my application says, I'm 23 years old and live in New York State. My passion is everything motorcycles. I'm an avid Moto2, MotoGP and WSBK fan - more specifically, Marc Marquez, Valentino Rossi, Tom Sykes fan. I have a Yamaha R6 myself and currently acquiring all the gear I need to start hitting the track next season. Sadly, financially I am broke and dug myself deep into a hole of debt, but, live and learn I guess. If I can ever get a real job in this economy, maybe that'll change!

Picture of my bike:
awaitingsm.jpg

Picture of me in my track gear:
705055_507566965928894_1098273596_o.jpg

This past August, I actually went to Indianapolis for the Red Bull MotoGP Race and got to meet/take pictures with Cal Crutchlow, Stefan Bradl, Colin Edwards and Ben Spies. Definitely was an awesome experience, best part is, my old man is into it as well, so I got to share the experience with him. I think this picture will put into perspective how much I like sportbikes and racing lol:

554680_442890542396537_1634595828_n.jpg

When it comes to gaming ... I've been doing online gaming for the last 13 years. Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Unreal Tournament, Battlefield 1942, Quake, Half Life...etc were some of the originals. Battlefield series, I've played everything except 2142. Had an account, never played it. Wasn't a fan of the futuristic concept. Me and my father actually used to game together and we had our own clan which was pretty popular many years ago, then I kinda just stuck around with a few friends I met over the years gaming and we pubbed. I joined eGO in BC2 but they never took off in BF3, so I ended up joining theze*. Great group of guys, very down to earth, but I didn't feel there was enough activity and our servers seemed to have just tanked. Around that time, I began focusing on a lady in my life, lost interest in gaming and simply stopped gaming for about 6 months. I'm now happily single, MoHW came out and it brought me back into gaming. I really like Medal of Honor, but some things about it just really irck me the wrong way. Like it still feels "rushed" kinda like the 2010 MoH, so I started playing BF3 again. Found your guys servers, and really like the settings on them. (Maps, Players..etc) Just a few days ago on Black Friday I picked up BF3 Premium from GameStop for $30, so as I was telling a few TBG's in TS earlier, the maps we were playing, it was my first time ever.

So with that being said, I'm back to gaming. Sadly my job has strange hours ranging from earlier mornings to possibly getting out late at night, so I don't have a set time you'll see me on. At this moment in time, I'm not interested in any competitive play, just want to have fun.

See you guys around in TS and the servers!

You had me up to "I've played everything except 2142. Had an account, never played it. Wasn't a fan of the futuristic concept.".
Shame on you. Any way welcome to the site. I race myself. With some friends. Other here do too. Never cheap but always fun :)

39530_130719360313167_4967124_n.jpg

Nice! At one time I would say that cars are more expensive than motorcycles, but I just don't know anymore. Gear is so expensive, you go down once, you're looking at potentially thousands of dollars worth of damage. Definitely a very expensive hobby, but either cars or motorcycles, when you get hooked - you just can't stop! Just way too damn fun.

With 2142, just wasn't my thing. Maybe if they try again in the future with the Frostbite engine, I'll see it differently. Who knows what Battlefield 4 will have in store, hopefully it is even more of a "Wow-Factor" then BF3 was.

Thanks fellas.

And I forgot to show a picture of where all the magic happens! o_O

545800_491428960876028_1421285370_n.jpg

Good luck on your trial Dragknee. How many races have you been in? Glad to see your wearing proper leathers. I used to rebuild bikes as a hobby when they weren't so astronomical cost wise to purchase banged up. Was a good source of cash back in the day. I prefer sport bikes over cruisers, but each have their purposes. Fastest bike I ever rode was GSXR 1000. Hammering down on I-95 in Florida after working on my buddies bike I popped up the front wheel and it did not come down until I let off the gas around 150. Scariest ride I ever had on a bike. When we got to our destination I gave my buddy his bike back and told him to never let me ride it again. I never have till this day and never will. I appreciated the power and can actually see the real world uses of that power, but to me it was too much and would have killed me if I owned something like that. I just don't know how to slow down...lol.

Nice bike, Gsx-r 600 over here.
All the bikes I've ever owned throughout the years, I've always looked at a GSXR first but it was never the right time to buy one. Before I got the R6, I searched diligently for a used "Gixxer" but all the ones for sale locally were 'squided' out with chrome, fat wheels, and terrible paint jobs. I admire Suzuki's ability to make a very comfortable and efficient sport bike, it's what always made me want one ... maybe someday.

Good luck on your trial Dragknee. How many races have you been in? Glad to see your wearing proper leathers. I used to rebuild bikes as a hobby when they weren't so astronomical cost wise to purchase banged up. Was a good source of cash back in the day. I prefer sport bikes over cruisers, but each have their purposes. Fastest bike I ever rode was GSXR 1000. Hammering down on I-95 in Florida after working on my buddies bike I popped up the front wheel and it did not come down until I let off the gas around 150. Scariest ride I ever had on a bike. When we got to our destination I gave my buddy his bike back and told him to never let me ride it again. I never have till this day and never will. I appreciated the power and can actually see the real world uses of that power, but to me it was too much and would have killed me if I owned something like that. I just don't know how to slow down...lol.

You're telling me brother! My buddy started riding like 3-4 years ago and he bought a 96' Suzuki GSXR600 for $2700!!! The thing had 20,000 miles on it, almost all the fairings were cracked or simply missing, rear tire was shot, front forks leaking. The guy shouldn't of gotten more than $1500 for that bike, TOPS!

I had a CBR 900RR back in the day that scared the crap outta me too. Thing just wanted to wheelie with no effort. I did own a couple liter bikes later on, but they were sport bikes, not superbikes, so the comfort of them was great, and the power was very efficient. I'm not a lunatic [No disrespect intended ;)] on the street (Unlike everyone else I ride with) so I know when to slow down. lol

I've never been on the track yet. This will be my first year (2013) which I'll first get acclimated to track days, then may look into getting involved in some races someday whenever I can afford to pick up a full-time track bike.

Tracking a bike is expensive, the funds just aren't there yet, but it's definitely a passion I'm going to have for a long time. Thankfully, a race track is opening up next year just an hour away from me so that'll be my spot.

Bikes2031.jpg

This is mine, no chrome. Wheels were white originally, had them powder coated to that color, other than that just some different front blinkers and the undertail elimination, and some sliders. its older, an 02, bought it used. I think i got hosed on it a little bit, but im still happy with it.

Definitely clean for the year! Don't see many left in that kind of condition.

The powdered blue wheels are nice. I was thinking about getting my wheels powdered either blue or white, but more important things are on the plate before I even give it much thought.

yea i like it better that way instead of chrome. just gotta watch out when swapping tires, mines got a few chips in the lip from shitty service. and the cost for it was pretty cheap.

Here's a sweet ass pic comparison of what I used to look like, compared to what I look like now, 75lbs later.

beforeafter-2.jpg

Back