$77 D5 PWM Pump & Dual Bay Reservoir @ Microcenter.

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
Listed new at EK and Newegg for $210. I bought the next to last one near me for $95 and noticed they have further lowered the price.

Same pump as the sleeved version they sell for $109. Might be worth it for a spare pump. Could probably sell the res to someone.

1551132193012.png

Texas Houston has 3
PA St Davids has 1
Ohio Mayfield Heights has 1
NY Yonkers has 2
Jersey has 4
MO Brentwood has 1
MN St. Louis Park has 1
MI Madison Heights has 1
IL Chicago has 2
GA Duluth has 3
CA Tustin has 4

i wish i had one near me....even living in a major city like Tampa its getting hard to find computer parts on a shelf in a real store

i wish i had one near me....even living in a major city like Tampa its getting hard to find computer parts on a shelf in a real store

When I finally built something 100% from new parts I bought my CPU at the Rockville store. Was worth driving like 80 miles to save $50. But buying regular stuff whether I am at home in Baltimore or at work in DC it's a hassle to go even that far for MSRP prices. A few years ago they built one in Parkville which is way north of Baltimore. Way better drive. 32 miles if I pay tolls. Definitely nice having not one but two within driving distance.

Bought a second one and last one in my state after making this post. Long term I have an extra res for this build. Short term I have a backup pump.
20190225_205037.jpg

that is a good deal off MSRP but man water cooling is still a lot of money for not to much gain unless you are doing massive overclocks....i bet you end up spending 350 on the whole loop....

that is a good deal off MSRP but man water cooling is still a lot of money for not to much gain unless you are doing massive overclocks....i bet you end up spending 350 on the whole loop....

How much were you betting so I can go ahead and collect that much needed cash lmao. $350... Hah. Sure. So long as I don't connect anything to the loop. $350 is just the radiators, pump, res, fittings and tube. No blocks.

$350 can do CPU only on single rad or maybe a pre made kit that doesn't fit RTX GPUs. The two radiators at a discount were $110. Pump and Res $95. Fittings and tube will likely exceed $100. Could in theory get a CPU and GPU block for $100 but not likely. I'm after a specific Koolance block to do the gpu. Only Barrow makes blocks for the 2060 but I finally saw a 2070 listing the other day which means 2070/2060 blocks should be out in a couple of weeks.

Let me say one thing. Watercooling is stupid lol. I love overclocking but this is a mid range build by today's standards even with the i7. It's not worth it. But it's going to look good.

Last edited:
to be blunt i have done more then a few water systems over the years and i keep coming back to the fact that most only give you 15 degrees lower temps then something like a coolmaster 212 in a good case(and that 15 degrees is best case as lots of CPU's wont see more then 10) ....i will never forget a friend's build i did back in 2012 with a 3930k CPU and a 4gb gtx 680....water system had a 120mm and a 240mm rads in it with both being set up at the bottom of the case to pull cold air in (case is a coolermaster 922 with a 120mm on the bottom next to the power supply and the 240mm in front by the harddrive rack) system broke with the pump going bad and the whole thing leaking out so we got a 212 EVO for the CPU and put back the 3 fan windforce cooler on the gigabyte 680....GPU was about 5 degrees warmer under full load with the CPU going up about 8 degrees under full load as well.....that was with the both of them being overclocked as the 3930k is still running 5ghz to this day on a X79 sabertooth motherboard.....

granted they look AWESOME when done right and something like a helix reservoir will look sick lite up but you will end up spending 400 plus to get it there....being a cheap ass i would rather blow a extra 200 bucks on a GPU and add 200 to the CPU budget first as these will be real world values over the overclock i would get on a lesser CPU and GPU that are water cooled....

with all of that being said i like how you are putting this one together wood grain and all....should look sick when done....

Back