5770 running hot

theBureau

My card seems to be running hot to me. It's not oc'd or anything and even under no load the fans at 35% and the temp is 44C.
When I have been playing bc2 and there is and explosion close to me there is red glitches across the screen like it can't process the graphics right so it just make's the debris red.
Any suggestions?

44C is not hot for graphics cards. I assume that's idle though, so what are the temps running under full load? Have you tried playing and going to your desktop to check the temps then? If its not the temperature it might be the driver you're using or that you've got the card overclocked too high.

Edit: From the reviews I've read the 5770 averages from 45-78C idle and load so it sounds like at least while idle your card's running at the proper temperatures. BTW, what driver version are you using?

With ATI cards on BC2, make sure under the catalyst you have the slider one setting down from max performance. Otherwise it will do things like you are saying. Razorbackx, and landlord2 both have the 5570 cards and when we put the high performance mode on it made colors weird etc. One notch down it is fine.

mine runs about the same temp in game i started puting fan to 100% doesnt make much differance

Thanks for all the advice.
@ Choter I slid the slider down one and it's not happening anymore.
The fan speed doesn't seem to do shit to the temp. Maybe a degree or two.

ya its not a heat thing it does it from the max performance being set no idea why. Seems only on bc2 also

I have XFX Radeon HD5770s crossfired together with the cards overclocked. Here is a benchmark test. Note the temps of both cards. Fans are set at auto.

<object width="1280" height="745">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gMQQG0GrGnQ&hl=en_US&fs=1?hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></object>

Back