4way Sli

thats nuts but imagine the heat from that. they are using liquid nitrogen to cool it for the benchmarks. you would at least need some serious liquid cooling for it.

Or be a cheap ass and have a box fan at medium setting with the case open.

I got my shit liquid cooled in a Antec 1200 case and its heat is off the charts. Or at least for liquid cooling standards. (Tri-Sli GTX285)

get a floor ac and put it next to it. Or be extra geeky and submerge the entire thing in mineral oil and then cool the oil by ripping apart an ac and running the cooling pipes through the oil. rules out any condensation on the pipes and should keep it pretty cool. and you can always turn off the ac and fry some chicken :D

I have actually managed to cook Thanksgiving dinner for friends and family. Here is the trick I used incase anyone wants to try. Sandwich the turkey between first and second card while running Crysis maxed out. At those temps it should be cooked fairly qucikly.

XL-ATX form factor? LMFAO! They "invented" a new standard for their overkill motherboard :-D

Yeah I think now Asus has one too... called the "supercomputer" or something...

I'm not exactly sure what people are going to do with 35535 PCI-e x16 slots, and why this is cool, but whatev.

It would've been much cooler if they brought a dual-processor server motherboard to the "desktop" arena instead imo... but maybe there's engineering limitations to the "desktop class" sockets which make it difficult to do so.

Back