2142 Hiatus

RimGreaper5000

Hi guys. According to my significant other - I apparently do nothing else bu play this game because all I've been hearing about is "that fucking game". So before either of us do something that lands us on the news, I've decided to take a break. I will definitely be back, but at this point, I'm just not sure when. I will keep you all posted, or just show up one day. It's been a pleasure playing with all of you. See you guys soon.

Take care. - Sam

Have our wives been talking? I always use the "at least I'm not out at a bar or a strip club" reasoning. It actually works because in her heart of hearts she knows it's the truth. She knows where I'm at and knows I'm not out screwing around with another woman. Anyway, good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Well, I've talked to her about that as well - seems she just wants me to be doign stuff with her. I've explained at length that spending all your time together will ruin a relationship and, as we're getting married in september that we'll have the rest of our lives together. As a matter of fact, you know what? Fuck that - there's no way I'm stopping something that I love to do - I'll just "scale back" a bit!

Your doing the right thing buddy; get things right with her. Once you start spending time with her...then the "get away" bs starts; but hey if you love her its worth it. Stay in touch; I'm going to miss putting a pilum in you tank, and i'm sure your going to miss putting a shell in my face.

[quote1235250473=balls2dawall]
but hey if you love her its worth it.
[/quote1235250473]
balls is like a prophet.

do the best for you, and we`ll see you around

Welcome to it man. Hell I dont even play that much but I hear it too. The way you have to look at it is, do I want this woman pissed at me every waking hour of the day or do I want to just quit playing and annoy the shit out of her so she sends me back to playing. It goes in cycles around here.

my wife only had a problem with it because i zombied out when i would play. She would talk to me about an upcoming cousins b-day party and id forget what night it was, or shed tell me something and ask what i thought of it and id have no clue.

the double standard: i -shall not- upon punishment by death, talk to her while she watches her TV crap. i talk to during a show and i get SHHH, or WAIT till a commercial... i understand i zonk out but it goes both ways.

in the end i conceded and played less. or i stopped playing at 1am and went to bed. i only play for a few hours early in the day when we are both off. now she is cool with it until its 1pm and i havent showered. we still have grocery shopping to do and we have to visit mom at 4... ect...

just find balance and walk the middle road.

[quote1235298122=roth140]

just find balance and walk the middle road.
[/quote1235298122]

That is the BEST advice roth, Greap I know where your coming from, "That fucking game" are words I hate hearing out of my parents mouth when I am home, however I use Soldier's reasoning, that at least im not " x y and z " to make them shut the fuck up. the best way to deal with a hairy situation like this is to make sure that she understands that you care for her and all that other bs. I garuntee if you suprise her with even the simplest of trips, like out somewhere fun, she will forget about all the 2142 bullshit, (or bury it deep within her soul to be unleashed some other time, like if you forget to bring the trash pale up) and will stop harassing you.

find the balance dude.

Back