100,000+ XP Per Game Exploit in Battlefield 3. Should DICE Fix This?

Ha ha. Nothing new here, just another method of stat padding. No different from flipping a tank with your buddy inside it.

Ha ha. Nothing new here, just another method of stat padding. No different from flipping a tank with your buddy inside it.

Which is what I was assuming the video was gonna be lol. I dunno should they make the bot non repairable anyways? I mean can you repair a spawn point if you cant then the bot is counted as equipment so forget about it.

But yeah it shouldnt be hard to limit the number of continous repair points you can get which would atleast slow it down.

This is what happens when you don't do proper beta testing. Why DICE should be upset that they cut corners and somebody took advantage of it I don't know. Basically, they're punishing these players for exploiting DICE's stupidity.

This is what happens when you don't do proper beta testing. Why DICE should be upset that they cut corners and somebody took advantage of it I don't know. Basically, they're punishing these players for exploiting DICE's stupidity.

Beta testing wouldn't necessarily uncover this though its more of a time aspect. It's cheating and cheating the system. They made the device repairable and they made it so that when you repair a team mates vehicle or in this case bot you get points for it. They designed it this way and that means its not really a software flaw. The only people to uncover it are those being mischievous or those who are looking for such things but really thinking like those same mischievous people.

The reason this works is because its Hardcore. You can damage team vehicles in hardcore and thats the only reason why.

But speaking of them cutting corners we are still waiting on that day one patch.... so with the amount of time in prep maybe this will make it?

Beta testing wouldn't necessarily uncover this though its more of a time aspect. It's cheating and cheating the system. They made the device repairable and they made it so that when you repair a team mates vehicle or in this case bot you get points for it. They designed it this way and that means its not really a software flaw. The only people to uncover it are those being mischievous or those who are looking for such things but really thinking like those same mischievous people.

The reason this works is because its Hardcore. You can damage team vehicles in hardcore and thats the only reason why.

But speaking of them cutting corners we are still waiting on that day one patch.... so with the amount of time in prep maybe this will make it?

remember all the bugs and problems that where in beta? - day one patch fixed about 60% of them. It was pre-loaded with the game.

remember all the bugs and problems that where in beta? - day one patch fixed about 60% of them. It was pre-loaded with the game.

You sure that there was a day 1 patch? I preloaded on the 21st and did not download any updates (except origin itself) on the release day. Pretty sure I was even on battelog plugin .8 something for a little bit after release.

They were talking about a day 1 patch a patch to the Gold RTM version of the game. This would have had to be downloaded by people with a disc since they were made prior to the release.

There was a day one patch on release, but I believe there is a soon to be a client update in the coming weeks/months. Right now this is not an issue for us as we don't have a HC server, but when we do add our HC server it will have to be something we watch for. They may patch it, but I have not heard either way what they will be doing. Is the exploit they were referring to for the bans that EA just recently did?

no its not an exploit bob - the players who currently look for ways of fast lvln and such found this out. The game mechanics allow it to happen - they will eventually patch it to control the people abusing it in the future - but that could be in a few months. Its a cheap ass way to level up - and if we find someone in our server doing it - we @kill - if they keep doing it - @kick. No bans for this imo.

Back