Windows 7 won't install to SSD.

Ok, i fixed a few things. Was up till 6 am fixing it all. I'll give an update shortly after i get some coffee in me.

From your screen shot, hopefully you dumped those partions. My guess is that you were running out of room on the write.

Ight. Now that i am juiced up from a few good cups of java, here is what happened. This whole thing as it turns out has everything to do with the BIOS. When i started to get the SSD to work and switched the SATA type to ASCI something got fucked up. And it ended up corrupting the BCD of my main mechanical drive. I figured it would be a perfect time to just do a fresh install on the SSD. But for some unknown reason at the time it was not allowing me to install Windows on it. I was getting the "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu. " error. @SgtKokuei and i tried everything we could think of. He was a tremendous help. I bought the Teamspeak app for my phone and he helped me out tons. .
Here is what we tried: Formatting the drive, run diskpart, run bootrec, tried to fix the MBR, tried to rewrite the MBR. We even went to far as to try and build the BCD from scratch. Sadly all of the steps and tricks we did, just did not pan out.

So now (at 1 in the morning) i decided to shift my focus to fixing my Windows installation on my mechanical drive. But again i was running into the "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu. " error. I was extremely puzzled as to why i was getting the very same error on the mechanical drive that already had a windows install on it. Now idiot me didn't think at the time (I figured this one out HOURS later) that i needed to reconfigure the BIOS again. So what i did was i cleared the CMOS, and Reset the BIOS. I put the SATA type back to Native IDE and Voila! I was magically able to reinstall windows on the mechanical drive again. Luckily i had a Windows 7 SP1 Install disk, so it didn't take forever to update.

Now i'm sure you are thinking what became of the SSD? After i updated Windows i plugged the SSD in and it recognized it immediately. I formatted it and partitioned it to be safe. I took @Bungied2theTree advice and i'm installing my games on it. Running perfectly fine now. So long story short i have no idea why i was not able to run ASCI in the BIOS without running into trouble. My closest guess is that my MOBO does not support it well and i will probable have to upgrade it at some point in the future if i want to have an OS on the SSD.

I want to thank everyone for all the help and time they have given. It means a lot and it allowed me to check other avenues that did not occur to me.

Glad you got it fixed. Guess we should have went after the BIOS first but I figured if you did have it updated I didn't think it would have glitched out

I've seen this before, mostly involves using the wrong sata connection on the mother board or not having the drivers if your mobo is in any kind of raid mode. If you have the mobo disk you can try the "load drivers" option from the mobo disc and you might get lucky.

@ChromeLightsaber I honestly don't know if BF4 will even fit on that Hard Drive.

JlJqTXk.png

Back