[BF4] Video setting freakout

SgtKokuei

Ok so about the past 3 days I have been having problems with BF4. I have lost the borders of my window when i alt-tab to do something on one of my other screens (no i am not in borderless mode) No idea for the cause. sometimes restarting fixes other times it does not.

BF also likes to just randomly minimize and then blackscreens. I can hear and do stuff but all I see on my end is a black screen.

It is not drivers, tried reinstall, tried googling for others possibly having the problems and I just cant get anywhere. any suggestions?

BF also likes to just randomly minimize and then blackscreens. I can hear and do stuff but all I see on my end is a black screen.

This has happened to Mr.l3lue and I since at least last year and it's really annoying when you're piloting or in combat.

Are you able to click on the window and see the game after you re-open the window? Last year it used to leave me in the windowed screen mode (blue and I use fullscreen mode) and I would have to manually change it back to fullscreen mode. This year after I click on the window, it goes back to fullscreen mode and everything is as it was but there's just that annoying black screen that's minimized for about as long as a TV missile travels underground and leaves you stuck on the TV missile screen before being able to get back in the game.

I haven't found a fix but good thing it only seems to happen once per PC-restart-cycle and isn't common.

I was reading Battlefield 5 could be released October 2016, since the last 2 BFs were released on the month of October. I hope it still has a Battlescreen, I think it is an under-appreciated feature of BF4 and I wish all games supported it. GTA would be easier with a Battlescreen, same with Starcraft, man all games! /endrant

Just a question why do you need to alt+tab? I am in Full screen Borderles and if im dead or in the menu screen i can just move my mouse to the other screens

Just a question why do you need to alt+tab? I am in Full screen Borderles and if im dead or in the menu screen i can just move my mouse to the other screens

bordeless mode causes issues and tends to make BF crash, i dunno why. But if I go to another screen to check player stats, respond to a instant message while I am waiting to load in or respawn its nice to be able to switch. And haveing the mini BF4 screen lets me keep an eye on the game window incase I need the proper spelling of a player name or something and lets me keep an eye on chat while im not playing

Ok never got any Problems but good to know im playing Bordles forever now. lol

It is not drivers, tried reinstall, tried googling for others possibly having the problems and I just cant get anywhere. any suggestions?

What browser do you use for BattleLog?

I've learned in the past that if you leave Firefox maximized when you go into playing BF4, it will sometimes force BF4 to randomly minimize. So, to counter that, you need to have Firefox minimized the instant you have chosen which server you want to play on. That prevents the random minimizing on my system.

What browser do you use for BattleLog?

I've learned in the past that if you leave Firefox maximized when you go into playing BF4, it will sometimes force BF4 to randomly minimize. So, to counter that, you need to have Firefox minimized the instant you have chosen which server you want to play on. That prevents the random minimizing on my system.

I have always used Firefox. And this problem has only happened reciently so i dont think its FF

Back