Video Card Deal

Optimoose

If anyone sees any good sales on a NVIDIA 760,770,780 let me know as I need to upgrade before BF4 comes out!

Hawaii coming out in a week, maybe price drops on them if it's actually good.

You’re holding a press event in the near future to discuss your next-generation Radeon series, but what can you tell me right now?
“They’re coming in Q4. I can’t reveal a pricepoint but we’re looking at more traditional enthusiast GPU pricepoints. We’re not targeting a $999 single GPU solution like our competition because we believe not a lot of people have that $999. We normally address what we call the ultra-enthusiast segment with a dual-GPU offering like the 7990. So this next-generation line is targeting more of the enthusiast market versus the ultra-enthusiast one.
“It’s also extremely efficient. [Nvidia's Kepler] GK110 is nearly 30% bigger from a die size point of view. We believe we have the best performance for the die size for the enthusiast GPU.
“Another thing I can tell you is about the process node: this GPU is in 28nm. Some have speculated that it was 20nm and it’s not for a specific reason: At 28nm for an enthusiast GPU, we can achieve higher clock speeds and higher absolute performance.”

AMD Hawaii is 30% smaller than Kepler GK110

It sounds pretty skeptical, and I don't expect that much, but who knows.... next week :p

I decided (mainly because of price/bang for $) on the MSI 7970 Lightning - So far I am very pleased!

Dual-GPU card = mehh. That being said the paper launch and still unknown specs of the supposed "Titan killer" are getting to be a bit annoying.

I decided (mainly because of price/bang for $) on the MSI 7970 Lightning - So far I am very pleased!

I've been running the TF OC/BE version of that card for the last four months and I have no complaints.

Back