Update on site troubles

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
First off I would like to apologize. While we still don't know if we are getting hit with a low rent attack or we have scripts going crazy, I have been unable to solve this. My reign over the site has lasted well past a year with almost no problems. When I moved the site to a server I configured I was scared. But 6 months straight we had no problems. Now I find myself incapable of solving this issue and it is unacceptable.

I will be move the site back to NFO hosting, the host we started out on. A host that worked fine until they updated their servers earlier this year.

The old host we left had an issue with registration & password reset as well as any other page that sent an email to error out. Making it difficult to register. As of today I have the solution to the problem and we can move back.

If we are being attacked or have an issue with a script then we will still have to deal with it even on our original host. However after this move I am washing my hands of anything hosting related.

whats wrong with the site?
On the surface it looks like its running a little slow. Underneath the physical hardware is at 100% load and we share the hardware with other customers so even if we were okay with this, the company we rent from would not be.

Rain, if you have a second, could you pop into teamspeak, so I could ask you a couple questions?

Aha, I'm pretty sure their surefire answer would be "Did you turn it on and off again?" .

Back