The Front Page issue, Old Fix, How it currently works, New Fix

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
I am glad a few people are suffering right now because I had a couple of dozen complaints on the old fix. So let me show you why it's like that old or new.

Xenforo isn't meant to have 3 columns but the Xenporta plugin does support it. Left coulmn goes up right goes down (like stock):
upload_2016-7-18_13-30-21.png

This was a pretty fucked situation. The recent threads block is the most important thing right? Well PE included a button that will help some of you:
upload_2016-7-18_13-34-14.png

So I wrote some javascript to cut and paste the left side bar into the same column as the right on mobile:
upload_2016-7-18_13-34-25.png

The down side was it is a slow method. Slow phones really don't help. I heard a lot of complaints. But if you waited a couple of seconds before scrolling...

New Solution
Modern browsers support CSS flexbox which is basically a method of telling containers which way to flow.
Example of the solution is here just change widths and look at the bottom part change http://codepen.io/HugoGiraudel/pen/qIAwr
It's going to take a while to edit the xenporta template to do this because of how it is structured now.

3 states of this fix:
upload_2016-7-18_13-39-16.png

upload_2016-7-18_13-39-45.png

upload_2016-7-18_13-40-48.png

I will look at working on it today. But past attempts at doing a major alteration went pretty slow.

Looks like a good plan of attack. This will beat having to scroll thru 6 levels of junk before seeing the threads.

Just use the new threads button. I literally created a shortcut on my phone. It's easy to navigate once you get to that part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You know I find it funny that you are pushing the new yheme. Yet you still use Tapatalk. Lol.

I use both. Whenever you see me post with punctuation and no Tapatalk, it's me on mobile.

I prefer the mobile personally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Just a idea, is there anyway the server tracker bars in the middle of the page at the bottom can be stacked on top of each other instead of 1 server per line which makes the page very long? Or could we make a Tab at the top which would bring you to a page that shows all the servers? Just a suggestion, it isn't a big deal, i just think it would make the site look a lot cleaner and goes along with making the site look sharper and less cluttered.

Just a idea, is there anyway the server tracker bars in the middle of the page at the bottom can be stacked on top of each other instead of 1 server per line which makes the page very long? Or could we make a Tab at the top which would bring you to a page that shows all the servers? Just a suggestion, it isn't a big deal, i just think it would make the site look a lot cleaner and goes along with making the site look sharper and less cluttered.

It's 2 servers per line on 1080P Monitors?

Your description seems really weird. At 1 server per line they are stacked on top of each other.

upload_2016-7-18_16-43-9.png

it must be monitor. they show up 1 server per line. i also don't run my browser window fully expanded

it must be monitor. they show up 1 server per line. i also don't run my browser window fully expanded

Weirdo. Nothing we can really do. I already have plans that go beyond your suggestion. But nothing has changed from old theme to new in regards to how that is laid out. They are as wide as they are. I could scale them to an unreadable size if you like lol.

The plan is for an auto scrolling box that is clickable to a server page.

they do show up 2 per line when i have the window full expanded. it was just a idea by the way showing all the servers on its own page instead of at the bottom. the site looks a lot smoother and sharper now. Like I said before the old site looked good, the new changes make it look more modern. Excellent work to all those who are involved in the new design.

So would it upset you if I said I prefer how it was a couple of days ago to how wide the content is now?
In all seriousness, it looks cluttered now and before it looked neater with the center portion not running the width of the page.

So would it upset you if I said I prefer how it was a couple of days ago to how wide the content is now?
In all seriousness, it looks cluttered now and before it looked neater with the center portion not running the width of the page.

Well its only the front page. It's also only 300 pixels wider. Now it's pretty close to full. If you want I can make a child theme with it your way and you can use it until we come up with a new server block as planned.

Unless you mean on mobile and then I'd have to say nothing has changed except the order.

Mobile, last I looked a few days ago was awful. It had the stupid world box and chat box info on top of the banner and everything else.
But no thank you to an alternate theme. I was just commenting in general.

Mobile, last I looked a few days ago was awful. It had the stupid world box and chat box info on top of the banner and everything else.
But no thank you to an alternate theme. I was just commenting in general.

On mobile nothing should have changed except the slider and threads are now on top. I would have to look at an unmodified version but the widths should be the same. The side bars used to expand on mobile to full width but this was making them wider than desktop so I corrected it. Desktop the side bars are 250px uncorrected mobile was like 311

This is better than a few days ago, but still painful (I'm picky and never use the site so who cares).

01e5f88173e80bbe966a51669bf66f34.jpg

c2c1499b7f3e2b5b55f9ef779dc4c540.jpg

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I need to specifically know what is painful versus the old theme. You can switch back and tell me :p

Back