SWTOR F2P

Sano

So anyone going to pick up or return to Star Wars The Old Republic when its F2P this fall? I use to P2P it, but I got tired of paying for games that should be free. And thankfully SWTOR devs and such got their shit together and are coming out with a F2P model. Don't know what kind of stuff will be withheld from F2P members, but hopefully I can still use my character that I made.

I spent 4-5 months on that game... honestly it bored the crap out of me towards the end of each char. Levelling up was fun, if not the best thing about the game, so F2P allowing you to play till lvl 50 should be good for people just wanting to do that. End game just kills it (raiding is fun, but that's about it). I said to my guild I will go back, but they'd be so far ahead of me Gear wise that I probably can't enjoy end-game (or PvP) stuff, so I'll probably just level up a new character... but I'm not going back until next year, earliest maybe December this year. Got my University dissertation to work on this semester.

That's pretty awesome that they are making it F2P but I spent about 6 months lvling my character to 50 and getting him geared. Eventually the end content just got so boring, and my server is so dead now because when it came out, all the other servers were just so populated you couldn't get in. So I started playing a lot more BF3 and just recently went back to WoW because some of my RL friends started playing again. Idk if I'll go back though. Even though I had a blast lvling my jedi, it just felt like they were taking to long to release new stuff.

I bought it on release. Played it for about 10 hours. I was so bored, I'd rather look at a light bulb, close my eyes and try to count the blobs.

Back