Swiftech AIO H220x

Keiserwolfe

Recently had to upgrade my 2600k since my Asus p8p67 deluxe mb crapped out. Replaced them with an Asus Maximus hero vii, I7 4790k. Moved away from the Noctua nh-d14, added a Swiftech H220x . Took some inspiration from Sixer's stellar build , and in the future I can expand on the H220x since it has threaded connections for personalization. Here are some preliminary shots.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lookin' good! I wish I would have known about Swiftech last year when I purchased my Kraken X61 as this is modular!

FYI: If you can, turn you PSU upside down if there is a vent in the bottom of your case. I did the same thing you did and by flipping it it dropped my internal temps down a bit.

Lookin' good! I wish I would have known about Swiftech last year when I purchased my Kraken X61 as this is modular!

FYI: If you can, turn you PSU upside down if there is a vent in the bottom of your case. I did the same thing you did and by flipping it it dropped my internal temps down a bit.
Thanks for the tip Homebrew! I do have the vents on the bottom I will flip that puppy over this weekend!
The Kraken received good reviews on Tomshardware , that was my second choice. The Kraken or the Corsair H105gt was my initial interest. I came across the H220x and figured being a novice,the swiftech took alot of guess work out of the scenario.

No problem man! I was running like that for a year or so until I change it. Also, it's super easy to do with those modular PSUs.

How are the temps running? Swiftech's supposed to have some nice cooling units, but I've never tried one.

With the swiftech on I get at idle 26 deg. celsius , 100% cpu usage aida64 on stress test she hits 70 deg celsius. For a reference idle with my old noctua nhd-14 was hitting 30 deg celsius , and
under aida 64 stress test 100% cpu usage was 82 deg celsius. I can bring the temps down once I add another rad , with some bigger diameter tubing .

Thats the exact cpu and mb combo I bought today. cant wait! how do you like it?

Looks almost like my old build. Same case/cpu/mobo. That Asus board is a beast, I've lost count how many of us are running that board. Anyways, are those your temps with no OC? It looks good man.

The temps I listed are @ a 4.413 clock 44 multiplier , and 1.255 voltage . The mb is yawning at me , but the 4790k gets hot quick . Until I put another rad in the loop , with larger tubing I won't attempt the 4.8 I think I can achieve. I did notice one thing about the auto tune On the 4790k . Apparently to achieve the OC the auto tune turns up your voltage , and only applies the OC to one core. The manual overclock fixed that . The cpu still runs warm but now all 4 cores are running at the same speed.

what made you go with the 220x instead of the 240x? Where did you buy yours and how much?

I could not find a 240x anywhere, I found my 220x in micro center when I bought the mb and cpu. I literally stepped in shit.

Id step in shit to if I had a Micro center near me. Let us know how you like it because my next build might have that cooler.

Back