Starwars: Battlefront (Update)

Soulzz

Founder
Retired Founder
I'm not sure if this is going to happen to PC, I would sure hope not...

but: http://ps4daily.com/2015/09/star-wars-battlefront-server-browser/

**I don't know if this is only console, but it is EA, so anything is possible**

From the thread:

Here’s some pretty big news, and pretty disappointing news depending on who you ask, regarding Star Wars Battlefront: an EA rep confirmed via Reddit that the game will not have a server browser on consoles.

Instead of a server browser, the game will use a “new skill based matchmaking system”. Which means it won’t be up to players to decide exactly where they want to play.

The EA rep did confirm that Star Wars Battlefront will have lobby system for friends to team up and play together

Will give a go to the beta, looks stunning, but still sceptical about the team based game modes.

The more and more I see and hear, this game is quickly going from a Must have to a meh.

Should have done this:

Just reskinned BF4 with Star Wars stuff...all new maps and sounds
50 on 50.

AT-AT would be like the c130..flag dependent
AT-ST would be tanks
Endless possibilities with replacing jeeps/choppers,snowmobiles...
One random person on each team,per round, gets to be Jedi with Saber, which can be ranked up, which would be a very SLOOOW process because it's random to even become one. ANd no battle packs to pay to win.
This could be a very in depth Jedi, ranking system, with Unlocks involving unlocking characters and skins from the movies.
Jedi is only on a server that has a certain number of players on it (say 80 out of 100).. an incentive to keep playing on a server and keep it full.

This would also need to be extended to the Bounty Hunter Class.

I just brainstormed this in 5 minutes..already better then DICE's vision.

The more and more I see and hear, this game is quickly going from a Must have to a meh.

Should have done this:

50 on 50.

AT-ST would be tanks
One random person on each team,per round, gets to be Jedi with Saber, which can be ranked up, which would be a very SLOOOW process because it's random to even become one. ANd no battle packs to pay to win.
This could be a very in depth Jedi, ranking system, with Unlocks involving unlocking characters and skins from the movies.
Jedi is only on a server that has a certain number of players on it (say 80 out of 100).. an incentive to keep playing on a server and keep it full.

That's exactly what I was thinking and hoping for... You already got a great foundation for this game just copy BF4 and it could have probably saved them millions in developments.

its alright im still disappointed on not be able to play with friends and it just throws you in all like BAM play with these fuckers

Should have done this:

50 on 50.

AT-ST would be tanks

Jeep/Snowmobile could be a Tauntaun.
Tauntaun_academy.jpg

The game looks beautiful, but I find the core mechanics to be far too broken for a game that has been in development for 3 years. Core mechanics are unlikely to change much at all this close to release.

It doesn't matter how beautiful a game looks. It's about gameplay. That makes a game last.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

No point playing a game you cant control your server. What are you supposed to do to remove idiots, cheaters, racial slurs and most likely racial slur spamming. Why spend 60 dollars or whatever it is to deal with BS LOL

Just like Hardline. I played 5 minutes of multiplayer and was like, "yeah I'm good", then promptly uninstalled it. It's a shame because I played the singleplayer survival mode and thought it was pretty cool.

Just like Hardline. I played 5 minutes of multiplayer and was like, "yeah I'm good", then promptly uninstalled it. It's a shame because I played the singleplayer survival mode and thought it was pretty cool.

Survival mode was pretty sweet, especially co-op. I wish it was a lot longer, had more customization, and up to 4 players.
Then I'd consider buying the game. But as it is with (at release) 16(?) waves.. Not worth $60+.

EDIT: To further elaborate, survival modes become stale incredibly fast without a LOT of customization. Think about the Modern Warfare series, the co-op survival mission were super cool, but offered very little replay-ability.
In BattleFront, I'd like the following:
# of bot customization. Even up to 64.
Bot AI difficulty, scale of 1 to 10.
# of waves setting. Up to 20 to infinity even. (Infinity survival is fantastic! You always play to beat your old best score!)
Player Character customization.
Different characters to choose from regardless of map.

Last edited:
I agree with out player controlled servers there is no way to remove hackers or glitchers or anyone just being a straight ass. You have to sit there and take it for the entire match , which is bs.

No point playing a game you cant control your server. What are you supposed to do to remove idiots, cheaters, racial slurs and most likely racial slur spamming. Why spend 60 dollars or whatever it is to deal with BS LOL

I don't know why they must reinvent the wheel EVERYTIME.
Re-skin BF4
charge 29.99
done.

The beta was pretty fun. Waiting for launch until I confirm my opinion that it will be a winner.

Back